PDA

View Full Version : dry mouth

spottitchsam
20-01-13, 21:10
hello my good friends,I just hate this dry mouth (side effect)of the amitriptyline.I have taken the amitriptyline pill at 6pm instead of 10/11pm.last night it got so bad that I woke up over a dozen times throughout the night.I was only sleeping about 20/30mins a time.I am seeing gp tomorrow so I will see if I could take it even early that way I should have a good night sleep.love to you all and thanks for all your support.x

Annie0904
20-01-13, 21:11
Dry mouth is a side effect of most of the meds. I keep a glass of water by my bed and if I wake through the night I keep having a little drink. It does get better after you have taken them for a while x

spottitchsam
20-01-13, 21:18
Dry mouth is a side effect of most of the meds. I keep a glass of water by my bed and if I wake through the night I keep having a little drink. It does get better after you have taken them for a while x

thanks Annie,that's good news,I take 2 pints of water up with me and I drink one pint and about half of the second glass.I have been taking the amitriptyline for 2weeks has of tomorrow.I just wish it would just go away.take care and thanks once again.x