PDA

View Full Version : do I have anxiety

amanda68
20-01-13, 21:24
I like to think I'm not anxious but think I'm kidding myself atm I have constant ringing in ear, and lightheadnesx also ave blurryeyes stiff neck nd shoulderxs.I'm told by docs its anxiety, also I can't be sorting tez and I will get intenal tremors , and find it hard to catch breath even when I'm just sat down can anxiety hit even if you think ur ok.had eyes checkec there fine. Heart fine had various ecg tests as been hosp 3 times with pain in chest. My aunty said she had the fuzxy heads and was put on proponol a beta blocker and said as k the doctors
If she cud cud put me on a small dose to see if it help.
Anyone tried the above drug or stemitil which a out of hours doc has just given me.

Plus does this sound like anxiety.

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

Having lightheadness 24/7

Annie0904
20-01-13, 21:33
Your symptoms do sound like anxiety. It is best to discuss with your doctor to see which medication will be best suited to you.

pinkprincess
20-01-13, 21:39
Hi Amanda,

When I first ever started out having anxiety issues the symptoms you describe are how mine were, light headed all the time, felt off balance, fuzzy vision or felt like vision was strange, bright, trembling, hot and cold flashes on body, ears constantly ringing, the lists go on!! I have bad episodes were some of thee symptoms arise and over the years lots of new ones too! Try to get on with your every day life but look after your self. avoid caffeine, alcohol,
If your heart is racing bad then maybe ask your doc for propranolol, it regulates your heart beat and in time lessens the symptoms,

Don't let the symptoms scare you, they are a reaction to your body needing a rest and a bit of you time xx

amanda68
20-01-13, 21:45
Thanks pink how did you copd with the lightheadness I don't always feel heartvracing its the lightheadness 24/€ spaced out feeling and ear ringing that's stresding me out I even get it wen I'm sat down

Annie0904
20-01-13, 21:49
I get the ear ringing a lot and when my anxiety is worse the ear problems get worse. You usually use it more when sitting down or in bed because when you are moving about you are usually busy doing something so don't notice it so much. x

pinkprincess
20-01-13, 21:51
I didn't really cope at first I was a nervous wreck panicking about it wondering what it was, but After looking on this site and also the net in general it is so so common in anxiety, don't google anything by the way it makes you worse!! It started nearly 5 years ago and every winter I get panicky and get the symptoms, they lessen every time, you get used to being light headed, then one day you realise it's gone!! I took escitalopram for a while and that helped ease the anxiety which reduced the symptoms too, as well as propranolol, believe me I know what your going through and it's awful but you will feel normal again just give it time and don't let it overtake your thoughts !

amanda68
20-01-13, 21:57
Thats me hun I am now woried I have a brain tumour wud proponol work even if I don't ave fast heartbeat does it help the lightheadedness

pinkprincess
20-01-13, 22:02
I thought I had a brain tumour, and I'm still here 5 years later, believe me if you had a brain tumour you would know about it, it is anxiety, and that's why it's hard to believe as it's the easy solution, although awful to deal with!! The escitalopram helped more with the symptoms, propranolol helped when I got myself that worked up over the symptoms my heart rate was though the roof, I only ever took 10mg escitalopram not too high, speak to your doctor, has anything I particular brought this on for you, x