PDA

View Full Version : Really weird symptoms tonight

queenwheezey
20-01-13, 23:08
Having the worst panic attack tonight, having really weird symptoms, my eyes keep bluring and keep getting burning sensations on different parts of my body. Also feels like my face is on fire yet my hands and feet are like ice! I'm absolutely exausted but i just can't sleep. Feel like i'm dying and i'm so scared. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
.Thanks
Lou

rockydog
20-01-13, 23:19
Hey there, I always get blurry eyes when I panic, even those minor panics when you hear or see something that shoots fear through you blur my vision. I sometimes get like the outside of my vision is closing in.
As for the face thing frequently had that, when I went for cbt the lady there got me to keep blowing out as if blowing up a balloon to prove it gave the same feeling. Your face gets hot but other bits get cold. It is just where you are over breathing without realising it :) scary all the same. They arent symptoms that will cause you serious harm though. Maybe go and get some really cold water and put it on your face it will give your system something to react to.

Hope you are ok :)

cattia
20-01-13, 23:42
I get the blurry eye thing too, and I also get weird tingling sensations. I think anxiety can come in so many forms. If you have any relaxation exercises maybe try to do one. I have loads that I have downloaded online and they really help.

Daisy Sue
20-01-13, 23:49
hiya.. i know this sounds a little odd but can you get up from where you are and go do something that involves a little thinking, and a little movement, like taking all the stuff out of your dressing table drawer and putting it away tidily...?

if you can distract your mind, even if only slightly, you should feel some of the intensity of the symptoms abating, and in turn that will give you reassurance that it's anxiety causing them, and then maybe you can relax and deal with it a little better.