PDA

View Full Version : please help

gingerone
14-06-04, 22:12
can u give me some advice on sleeping pills u can buy from shops if u have tried any let me know thanks doctor wont give me them thnaks xxx

c j giff

sarah
14-06-04, 22:29
Hiya Christina

You could try getting some 'nytol', they do a herbal variety that tastes grotty but if you swallow it quick its fine. I used to use it a long time ago and I slept like a baby!

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Meg
14-06-04, 22:55
My friend swears by Arkocaps Phytocalm Passiflora

I used Medic Valarian - night strength .

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

nomorepanic
15-06-04, 17:09
Christina

I don't sleep very much so I am constantly tired. I used Valerian but it does make me dream a lot.

I am going to see a "sleep strategist" next week whilst I am away at the Health Farm so I will let you know what he/she says ok?

Nicola

gingerone
15-06-04, 20:55
thanks everyone
i got some herbal stuff today called unwind herbal nytol have u heard of it thanks all xx

c j giff

gingerone
15-06-04, 20:56
sorry i just read sarah u said u used nytol herbal was it called unwind u can take 4 a day

c j giff

HB
15-06-04, 20:57
i dont sleep well either, i dont know about you lot but my anxiety all comes back to me at night. However, it may sound simple but buy a fan!! i keep my fan pointed on me all night and it is so relaxing and the faint sound of it relaxes me into calm, try it?

H

sarah
15-06-04, 21:14
Hi Christina

Yep thats the one!!

let us know if they do you any good

love sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

nomorepanic
15-06-04, 21:52
HB

Funny about the fan - I made a post on here just last week saying that a fan by my bed is helping me sleep better too!

I can't usuallt sleep through Alex's breathing but I can sleep through the fan noise - weird isn't it?

Nicola

Meg
15-06-04, 23:36
Constant white noise like a fan is supposed to be helpful to distract from intermittant noises like planes, snoring etc

A bereavement counsellor I went to absolutely insisted on having a radio tuned out of station hissing in the background . It was awful . I never went back .

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

gingerone
16-06-04, 08:38
Hello Everyone hope u r all well? xx
I had a lovely sleep last night it was great i only got up to go toilet and went back to sleep as soon as i hit the bed nytol is fab lol! thanks for the advice xx

c j giff