PDA

View Full Version : My daffodils have flowered in my vase.

Londonguy71
21-01-13, 08:56
I hate the snow as it covers up nature with a cloak of invisibility. But I have on my table a pretty arrangement of daffodils just opened. I love the vibrant yellow and the faint aroma of floral scents. Thought I'll share that nature is merely sleeping waiting for better weather.

Annie0904
21-01-13, 10:07
I love daffodils, good to know that spring is just around the corner.

paula lynne
21-01-13, 10:56
I love Dafs, our national flower :) I uncovered all my window boxes yesterday to find my Primroses in full bloom and my daf and tulip bulbs pushing their way through the soil.....a lovely reminder that whatever else is going on, the seasons arrive and the worlds continue to turn! :D

Daisy Sue
21-01-13, 10:58
i also love daffodils, they're my favourite flower, and the only ones i sometimes buy for myself at this time of year :)

thanks for such a lovely sunny post, Londonguy... nice to read something cheery when so many things are making us blue..

Sparkle1984
21-01-13, 12:48
Daffodils are my favourite flower too. I always look forward to the daffodils in my back garden opening up each spring. I also enjoy going on woodland walks where there are daffodils. :)

AuntieMoosie
21-01-13, 19:50
Oh what a lovely post and thread :D

I love daffodils too, they make me feel bright, energetic and happy when I see them in bloom :D

I honestly can't wait for Spring.

Londonguy71 thank you for making me smile today, I hope you enjoy your beautiful Daffodils :D

Sparkle1984
21-01-13, 19:52
I wish you could share a picture of the daffodils, LondonGuy! :D

xBettyBoopx
21-01-13, 23:03
I hate the snow as it covers up nature with a cloak of invisibility. But I have on my table a pretty arrangement of daffodils just opened. I love the vibrant yellow and the faint aroma of floral scents. Thought I'll share that nature is merely sleeping waiting for better weather.

Thank you for sharing. I love all flowers. My little garden is covered in snow and I keep thinking that the dafs and tulips won't be able to find their way out lol. This time last year my neighbour's crocuses were already out. I think this weather isn't going anywhere yet!

ammiemum
21-01-13, 23:43
i love daffs too but of course the ones i am always happiest to see are snowdrops .. i have mainly spring flowers in my front garden and i love them all . they do cheer me on some days. thanks for reminding me i had forgotten !

PanchoGoz
22-01-13, 00:12
I've got some mini daffs (narcissus), one has flowerd but the others haven't made it and started to die :( At least one found the light.