PDA

View Full Version : I can't control how my body reacts since anxiety.

busybee09
21-01-13, 11:13
Before i developed this anxiety if i got a bit of bad or worrying news yes i would panic and feel upset but now if i get bad news my body just goes to the next level.
For example last week my boyfriend was taken into hospital with severe abdominal pains, when i first found out i felt instantly sick, then my heart began to pound, i got all sweaty and found it difficult to breathe.

I can't explain but i don't think i can mentally/emotionally cope with bad news like i used to, do i need to become mentally stronger or soemthing, so confused.

Even though i dont panic everyday and im a lot better than last year i can't control my anxiety symptoms even though i try my hardest.

For the past few months my depersonalistion has been really bad and i feel so spacey.

Pinktel
21-01-13, 18:54
I can relate to this and think it is because I am so damned good and practised at anxiety I can summon it up really efficiently when needed!!! :blush:

I would say however it is improving vastly thanks to the cbt course from cbt4panic.

Also, us anxious types have almost reset out operating levels to be different to everyone else. We have constant low level anxiety and then anything on top of that gives us even more adrenaline.

Until you start to tackle this bad habit through clever cognitions of the mind you will always be outsmarted by it. Your mind thinks it is actually helping you by making your body react like this. You need to find ways to teach your mind otherwise.