PDA

View Full Version : Having a 'down' day :(

Annie0904
21-01-13, 12:48
I was feeling great last week (well maybe great is an exaggeration but better than I have been feeling for a while). This weekend I have just got worse. I have a cold so that doesn't help, have had a bad headache for 3 days, ear ache, everything ache! Feel really tired and a bit weepy today. (Someone did post that today is the most depressing day of the year, maybe its that!). Worried about my husband getting home tonight then tomorrow is supposed to be travelling 7 hours to work for the rest of the week. It hasn't stopped snowing here since last night. I also am starting to worry about my ATOS medical on 1st February :( I just need hugs today I think :weep:

nicola1980
21-01-13, 12:50
sending lots of :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: im also having it tough at the min and the snow certainly isn't helping my mood!!!!! xxxxxx

Annie0904
21-01-13, 12:52
Thank you Nicola, I am sitting by my light box hoping it will do me some good. Thinking I should clear the snow off the drive, I just need to drag myself away from the warmth of the house. :)

Cocomademoiselle
21-01-13, 13:03
Hope your feeling better soon. x

Annie0904
21-01-13, 13:06
Hope your feeling better soon. x

Thank you xx

sunshine1
21-01-13, 13:36
Hugs for you anni. () What I am finding helpful is that the days are getting longer.Not dark here at 3.45 now. January is just the pits. I think a spell outside will make you feel a bit brighter, give you some vitamin D. xx

paula lynne
21-01-13, 13:42
Hugs for you :bighug1:xxxxx
Yes, its supposed to be "Blue Monday" today.....I just explained this to hubby and he said "Every Monday is depressing!"....hurumph!
Hope the light box does you some good, and I think its fantastic you are being pro-active when you feel so ill.............sending more hugs and wishing you a better day tomorrow Annie :flowers::bighug1:

CarmR
21-01-13, 13:57
Hi Annie...hope you're not feeling too bad today, sending you lots of hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs: x

Daisy Sue
21-01-13, 14:04
i had an argument with myself this morning as to whether i could face going out in the ever-deepening snow, or if i should just stay home where it's safe.... going out won :D i drove really carefully, wore my silly furry headband with ears, my farmer wellies, and got my errands done. there's something really uplifting about being out in daytime snow, even if you do get home with a drippy nose :D

Annie0904
21-01-13, 14:33
Thank you everyone, think I may go and try to clear the drive even though the snowplough in the street has just given up and gone!

---------- Post added at 14:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

My lovely neighbour told me off for doing the drive and is going to do it for me :)

EmilyK83
21-01-13, 14:40
Sending big hugs, Annie - hope things get better soon. Am sure it'll be much better once you've shifted that cold! :) x

Annie0904
21-01-13, 15:10
Thank you Emily, yes the cold is making me feel worse. x

Elle-Kay
21-01-13, 15:56
Sorry you're full of cold Annie :( I'm sure that that's why you're feeling down though. Sending you :hugs: and get well vibes!

Annie0904
21-01-13, 16:10
Thank you Elle-Kay :) I am actually feeling a bit better after clearing the snow out of the conservatory gutters :) Maybe daily exercise is the answer for me :) x

Elle-Kay
21-01-13, 16:30
Thank you Elle-Kay :) I am actually feeling a bit better after clearing the snow out of the conservatory gutters :) Maybe daily exercise is the answer for me :) x

I found that when I was feeling low around last September - I started making sure I went for a walk somewhere (anywhere!) every day, as I always felt better when I got in.

Annie0904
21-01-13, 16:31
Now that my foot is feeling stronger I need to start doing more exercise as I know it does lift the mood :)

jackie13
21-01-13, 17:12
Hi Annie

Sending you LOADS of hugs and kisses:)

I have 2 little dogs that I have to take out and it really helps:). My cats are not too keen on the snow!

Hugs
Jackie x

Annie0904
21-01-13, 17:17
I cleared the snow of the conservatory roof and of course I never thought to get out of the way when it all came sliding off :roflmao: Oh well maybe it has cured my headache!!

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

I haven't taken my kitten out on the snow but my 2 year old cat loves to go out on his lead :) x

Katie22
21-01-13, 17:20
Hope your feeling better sooooon xx:hugs:

panickyme
21-01-13, 17:24
Dear Annie, I hope your day is getting better. Can you send some of that snow over seas? I love it. (Don't like to drive anywhere in it, or shovel) but I love it. (and I really like when they close school, and I get a day off!!!!!) Sending you some hugs, hoping you feel better soon. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

ynos
21-01-13, 17:31
what a lovely neighbour! hope your cold goes away soon :bighug1::bighug1:

Annie0904
21-01-13, 17:36
Thank you Katie. :hugs:
Debbi I was gutted this morning to be off work sick and not get the message that school is closed due to snow!!! I don't know why but getting told school is closed really excites me :D
Ynos Yes I have wonderful neighbours they are so helpful. When my foot was in plaster cast during the summer some of my neighbours used to bring meals for me when my husband was working away.

panickyme
21-01-13, 18:36
Lol, I know, I think it's because we don't have the guilty feeling of calling out sick or something. We just get to stay home nice, and warm, and enjoy. Hope you are feeling better, and that some of that snow shifts my way. Bless you for driving around in it also, you are a tough cookie!!!!! I am such a chicken to drive on a normal day, let of known a snow covered road day. :hugs:Good job!!!!!!!

Annie0904
21-01-13, 18:44
Lol, I know, I think it's because we don't have the guilty feeling of calling out sick or something. We just get to stay home nice, and warm, and enjoy. Hope you are feeling better, and that some of that snow shifts my way. Bless you for driving around in it also, you are a tough cookie!!!!! I am such a chicken to drive on a normal day, let of known a snow covered road day. :hugs:Good job!!!!!!!

I haven't driven in it today..I don't mind driving in the snow too much though as I had my driving lessons in the snow. I don't like driving when it is icy though :( I am feeling a bit better tonight thank you xx

panickyme
21-01-13, 18:51
I'm glad you are feeling better, and you be careful driving around in that stuff. ICE...... ugh forget it, I wont even go out then. (poor husband has to drive me around like miss daisy) :) Talk soon. :hugs: Debbi

AuntieMoosie
21-01-13, 18:53
Keep going Annie :)

It's probably a mixture of things.

It's post Christmas, It's mid winter so not a lot of light and we're all trapped indoors, and your cold is probably not helping at all :)

Be kind to yourself and do some stuff that you really love and enjoy, I've been already planning my garden this year, it's just my way of reminding myself that Spring wont be too long now :)

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Annie0904
21-01-13, 19:00
Thank you Auntie Moosie :) It has never stopped snowing here today so I will be pleased when I can see the garden!! :D

AuntieMoosie
21-01-13, 19:06
lol Annie........I know what you mean, I can barely see mine either!!! and trying to imagine it with flowers is proving pretty tricky too :roflmao:

Annie0904
21-01-13, 19:07
Arrgh just remembered...my daughter has got me a ticket to go with her to a wedding fair this weekend...hope I can cope with it and it won't be too crowded. This is something I should be getting excited about..if I can't cope with that how will I cope with a wedding :scared15:

Col
21-01-13, 19:25
:hugs:

Annie0904
21-01-13, 19:27
Thank you Col hugs back for you :hugs:

Sparkle1984
21-01-13, 19:36
I hope your day has improved, Annie. Take care. :)

missfishlash
21-01-13, 19:40
Hugs Annie:hugs:
I just wish the sun would come out and make us smile a bit....bloody snow :(
I just had a proper hippy aromatherapy hot bath and actually feel so relaxed for the first time in ages....sometimes the old fashioned stuff works :)
Hope you have a good night

Annie0904
21-01-13, 19:55
Hugs Annie:hugs:
I just wish the sun would come out and make us smile a bit....bloody snow :(
I just had a proper hippy aromatherapy hot bath and actually feel so relaxed for the first time in ages....sometimes the old fashioned stuff works :)
Hope you have a good night

I often use essential oils in my bath (I am a holistic therapist) They really are good. You should have an aromatherapy massage too :)

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

I hope your day has improved, Annie. Take care. :)

Thank you, I am feeling a lot better than I was this morning x

missfishlash
21-01-13, 20:03
My friend does reiki which is lovely, and probably the only time in the last six months that I got rid of the pins and needles which plague me, I really think these type of therapies can be a big help for some, cant hurt anyway :)

Annie0904
21-01-13, 20:07
I think they are a good help, aromatherapy is so relaxing x

Annie0904
23-01-13, 11:49
The week isn't getting any better..I feel really depressed and tearful today and also quite irritable and angry which is not usually like me. I am usually very patient. I felt like throwing something at the wall a few minutes ago and that is not like me at all. Good job my husband is away this week!! I just feel so alone and stuck in the house again.

panickyme
23-01-13, 12:09
Annie, sorry you are not feeling well, it's probably just those winter blues!!! I say go outside and start throwing some snowballs at your neighbors!!! lol :hugs: Hope your day gets better! :hugs:

Annie0904
23-01-13, 12:11
I am just so tearful, can't stop crying today. I am supposed to be going to a wedding fair on Sunday with my daughter and really don't want to let her down :( I don't know if I can do it xx

panickyme
23-01-13, 12:15
You will not let her down, I know you, you will find the strength to go, and it will be really good for you to get out, and get your mind off things. Is your daughter getting married? :hugs:

Annie0904
23-01-13, 12:22
I think I am feeling worse because I was doing well going out and haven't been out for over a week now because I am scared to go out in the snow in case I fall and break more bones! She is planning on getting married next year but I don't know. Her partner doesn't really want to get married at the moment so I am unsure what is happening :)

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

I also have an ATOS medical assessment (I am still on the sick from work and they stop pay after six months so it is to see if I fit the criteria for benefits). Then I am supposed to be going back to work on 11th Feb and want to go back but so anxious about it. I know if I can get through the first day I may feel better xx

panickyme
23-01-13, 12:31
I know it seems if we don't keep moving, we slip back. (I can't say I blame you, I love the snow, but it does create anxiety) I know you though Annie, you will get past this. (you always find a way) Hubby will be back soon, and you will feel so much better. If she does get married we can be stressed out together. I am already searching for my dress for my sons wedding, and panicking, and I have a year and half, and he is driving me nuts about money. I think I am just a gluten for punishment......I will check on you tonight after work, and hopefully you will have had a better day. :hugs:

Annie0904
23-01-13, 12:34
Thank you Debbi, I hope you have a good day :)

jackie13
23-01-13, 12:46
Hi Annie

You will be ok at Wedding Fair, it's only Wednesday I am sure you will feel a lot better by the weekend. This snow is awful causes a bit of cabin fever I think. I always find that if I cry for a few days by the end of the week I am ok.

Sending you bug hugs xxx

Magic
23-01-13, 13:14
Hi Annie,
So sorry you are not feeling to good at the moment.
I hope you will be able to go to the wedding show.
You need to take your mind off the assesment in Feb.not easy I know.
Sending you:hugs::hugs::hugs:xx

Annie0904
23-01-13, 13:23
I know I do Magic, I don't even know why I am getting so worried about it any way as with my husband working it is no big deal for me any way x

almamatters
23-01-13, 19:39
Have not been on for a few days and just seen your post Annie. Hope you are feeling better soon . :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Annie0904
23-01-13, 19:47
Thank you Alma, just feeling sorry for myself this week I think xx

Tessar
23-01-13, 19:59
Hi Annie, sorry u aren't feeling so good. This weather really doesn't help, I used to like it when I was younger but I have a min 30 min drive to work, which took longer last nite &. 2nite as it was snowing. I had enuf trouble getting out of the car park but it got better from there! I don't mind driving in it but wouldn't mind if it goes now.

Typical you've had a cold, the timing really sucks doesn't it.

When u go back to work, r u having a gradual return (U might have mentioned this somewhere but I can't recall). What are the people there like, do you have some friendly colleagues who would be there for u..?

I think u r entitled to feel sorry for yourself as sometimes it just has to be done.....!!

Annie0904
23-01-13, 20:28
It will be a phased return, just a couple of hours a day to start with. It is worrying me though as I feel people will have been talking about me. One of senior management actually Criticised a colleague who had had to leave due to stress and anxiety. He did this in a speech at a staff dinner and that is really playing on my mind.

panickyme
23-01-13, 23:03
Annie, are you feeling any better tonight? Just checking on you. :hugs:

Annie0904
23-01-13, 23:11
I have had a few moments of sitting crying today but have given myself a good talking too. Robin Hall has given me some good advise too. I am determined to leave the house tomorrow (weather permitting!). I didn't sleep well last night either so being tired didn't help x

panickyme
23-01-13, 23:25
Awww Annie, you will probably sleep better tonight, and it is just fine to cry when you do not feel well, sometimes it makes us feel better just to let it out. You have so much on your plate right now, but everything will get better. So proud of that great attitude,( thats right, you get right back on that horse) but, if the weather is bad just stay in. Wishing you a good night sleep tonight. :hugs:

Annie0904
24-01-13, 09:38
I only had 3 hours sleep last night and feel even worse this morning, just as I think I am getting better it hits me again. I really need a good night sleep :weep:

Elle-Kay
24-01-13, 10:09
Come on Annie, let's give this anxious-gremlin a good beating together, ok? I'll go to my interview/presentation and show it who's boss, and what do you think you would like to do? How about a walk down the street & back, or invite someone round for a drink? :hugs:

Annie0904
24-01-13, 10:45
My street is a sheet of ice so walking down it is not an option! :D I have been doing a reality check though..I cleared half the drive on Monday (neighbour finished it), cleared snow from conservatory roof. Next day terrible back pain. Pain has kept me awake every night, tired so triggered anxiety. Back pain leads me to thinking ovarian cancer (although I don't really have health anxiety, this is a fear as I lost my closest friend to it) ibs can mask symptoms too. Think I'm going to die! Ok Annie get a grip of yourself!!! I cleared the drive that is why my back is aching!! I should have taken pain killers then I would have slept, then I wouldn't have got more anxious and then I wouldn't have convinced myself I am dying! Will get through the day as best I can. Hubby will be home tonight. Will take pain killers and a diazepam before I go to bed and see how things are tomorrow. I am such a numpty sometimes :) (I have American spell checker on my computer and it won't let me change to English, it doesn't know what a numpty is :D).

Tufty
24-01-13, 11:21
It's so good that you can rationalise your thoughts like that Annie - you're not a numpty at all (love that word and use it all the time) you're just a determined, strong lady who won't give in. That's something to be celebrated but please take some painkillers for your back, Diazepam would help muscle spasm too.
I'm struggling to get a grip today too, I haven't made it out of the house yet but am going now to walk the dog - she's making puppy dog eyes at me. We've not had any snow here and it's a balmy 5 degrees, I don't like the ice either - can't stand that feeling of sliding - hopefully it should melt soon. Is your husband off tomorrow? Will you be able to go out together for a while? I'll think of you as I walk as I'm struggling to survive each day the moment too
love and hugs
Sam

Annie0904
24-01-13, 11:26
Sam sorry to hear you are having a tough time at the moment too. I have managed to get myself up washed my hair and showered. Just so exhausted today. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

spottitchsam
24-01-13, 11:27
oh Annie I do feel for you.coping with stress is bad enough but to cope with a bad back as well must feel like hell.I hope you are feeling a little bit better now.sending hugs to you.x

Annie0904
24-01-13, 11:29
Thank you Jean :hugs::hugs:

panickyme
24-01-13, 12:18
Awww, Annie still not feeling well? Thank goodness hubby comes home today, I think you will feel so much better. Stay in Annie, you don't need to fall out there. Sounds like you have an ice skating rink outside your house. Maybe you need some ice skates!!!! lol Hope your day gets brighter! :) (whats a numpty?????) lol :hugs:

Annie0904
24-01-13, 12:22
Debbi I am trying so hard to lift myself up today but just keep crying again. I just feel so exhausted and every part of me seems to be aching.
Definition of numpty
noun (plural numpties)
a stupid or ineffectual person.

See it is in the English dictionary but not the American one :D

maximus1975
24-01-13, 12:25
annie your bu no means on your own im having a bad week to, booze makes me anxious the next day, i hadnt drank for a while but yesterdat the presure of all the things that have gone wrong in the last 8 moths tipped me over the edge and i had 6 cans of larger so today im very low, i will probally have to wean myself of it again this evening just to calm myself down.
anxiety is a killer ive just recieved a wedding invite to and im not sure if im gunna be able to do the whole day and evening there is gunna be over 100 people there i'll no most.
ive had a problem with drink in the past and my mum has said if she hears of me drinking again im out on the street, so i cant even have a few drinks as although she is not going you can be sure she will ask people that have been wether i was drinking so i cant win!! all my mates will be buzzing and having a great time and i no i'll be shallow breathing , chest pains , sweating etc etc im not sure i'll make it.
one can you can take as a positive my friend is the fact your not addicted to diazepam like me and thousands of other they are trying to wean me of it and it is pure hell , promise me that you will never get addicted annie? i no its a nice calming feeling at the time but ive been on them way to long and it gunna be a real test coming of them, ive done 5 short walks this week 3 went ok 2 i had to run home as fast as i could cause of anxiety attack this is all down to withdrawal from diazepam .
i really hope we both get better soon its not like we dont put the effort in hun xx

Annie0904
24-01-13, 12:29
Maximus, I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. My doctor only gives me a few Diazepam at a time and they last me for ages as I will only take one as a very last resort. I don't like to take them but will tonight because I am so desperate for a nights sleep. Sending you hugs:hugs::hugs:

panickyme
24-01-13, 12:40
You are definitely not a numpty, lol. See constantly learning, I can't believe we have such a different vocabulary on here. Sometimes I am petrified to write some things, cause I am not quite sure what people may think I just wrote. (or they will think I can't spell) These feelings will pass, you will start to feel better again, especially when that darn snow starts to melt, and the air gets warmer, and you can get out more. It's the winter blues, or what we say, and maybe you also, white cabin fever. We are supposed to get a little snow tomorrow, I would like a blizzard, but I will have to settle for a dusting. It has been freezing though, so even I am looking forward to spring. Gotta get ready for work, I will check on you later, try to have a good day, maybe a little nap. :hugs:

Annie0904
24-01-13, 13:01
Debbi, it is Ok, Us Brits already know that Americans can't spell :roflmao: My spell checker keeps wanting to change my 's' to a 'z'!
We are forecast more snow here tomorrow. I hope you have a good day Debbi :) xx

panickyme
24-01-13, 13:01
I was just thinking, I have a couple of people at work I can call a NUMPTY, and they won't even know what I mean lol (oh, good I have a good excuse for not spelling great!!!!!!

maximus1975
24-01-13, 13:02
annie im with you in this :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Annie0904
24-01-13, 13:33
I was just thinking, I have a couple of people at work I can call a NUMPTY, and they won't even know what I mean lol (oh, good I have a good excuse for not spelling great!!!!!!

If they ask what it means, just say oh it is a good old English word (actually it may have originated in Scotland I think) :roflmao:

Elle-Kay
24-01-13, 14:13
I once convinced my (younger) sister that numpty meant "a very nice person" when I called her one and she hadn't heard the word before :)

Tufty
24-01-13, 15:10
I once convinced my (younger) sister that numpty meant "a very nice person" when I called her one and she hadn't heard the word before :)

Naughty EK, I wish I'd had a younger sibling to play such trick on though :blush:

Well so much for being 5 degrees here, I took the dog out and it's blooming freezing. I've been for a massage and am now back at home with oily hair from the massage and have lit a fire, closed the curtains and am trying to get warm. I still feel very low and anxious Annie, you are not alone but on a positive note - 6 hours until we can tuck ourselves up in bed, I don't feel I can before then as I need to spend some time with hubby and kids when they get home and be a good mum and wife :huh:

Annie0904
24-01-13, 15:18
It is only 2 degrees here and that is the warmest it has been all week. I feel even worse now after the news from my son's house being broken into :(