PDA

View Full Version : twitching eye lid

RVP
21-01-13, 16:10
for the past 4 days, my left eye lid, and only the lid has been twitching on and off, not sure what's triggering it but it's starting to annoy and worry me a little.
Has anyone had this symptom before?
It was my first day at uni today, and it was rather hot in the classroom, and I could feel my heart racing slightly, and it felt like I couldn't take a deep breath properly. I've just come off the whole 'heart failure' anxiety and don't want it coming back again.

panic12
21-01-13, 16:27
Twitching eyelids are classic anxiety, one of the main areas of the body affected, don't worry :)

meche
21-01-13, 16:30
OH YES! The dreaded twitchy eye. I had it in my right eye for a long time - I'm talking weeks and weeks. I asked my doctor about it and it's a very common symptom of anxiety called Blepharospasm. At the height of my anxiety it would twitch all day but it did ease eventually. I still get it occassionally and I'm not anxious anymore. It's just annoying!

Tessar
21-01-13, 16:39
i usually get it if i'm very tired. not sure if i relate it to anything other than that but dont believe its anything serious.

robin321
21-01-13, 16:43
I get that very often. It is classic anxiety, or classic just being tired or overworked... A lot of things can cause that, none of it serious. So no worries!

rebeccad
21-01-13, 16:44
Yes deffo nothing to worry about believe me I've been here, mine has twitched for 4 weeks before, it really really worried me, as soon as I forgot about it guess what? It disappeared. Do not waste your time worrying about this get some early nights and try to relax it will go x

panickyme
21-01-13, 17:26
UGHHHHH, I had that a couple weeks ago, and it is really annoying! It would do it on and off for a week or so. I think it is harmless, usually caused by tired eyes, or stress. Hope it goes away for you soon. :)

RVP
21-01-13, 17:36
Thanks for all you replies! made me feel a lot better now.
It's a little embarrassing if I'm talking to someone and it start twitching because I can notice it if I look at myself in the mirror a little, not sure if they can :P