PDA

View Full Version : Antibiotics not working ... in a tizzy!

jillyb
21-01-13, 16:47
I have a horrid tooth infection and was prescribed antibiotics. I couldn't take the doubled up dose because they made me so sick so have been told to take the normal dose. Instead of getting better it seems to be getting worse, so I am in a real state, wondering why they are not working and what's wrong with me. I had a work colleague who had tooth absesses that didn't respond to antibiotics and she had leukemia and is now dead and that's all I can think about. I've never had antibiotics that didn't work before. Also, my normal dentist told me some time ago that I would have to go to hospital about this tooth but I don't know why. The dentist I saw said that I would lose the tooth and its part of a bridge. I am in such a state that I can't think of anything else. I hate health anxiety .... I am so scared of everything and all the cbt is counting for nothing.

AuntieMoosie
21-01-13, 19:25
Aww toothache is just about the worse thing isn't it.

I would give the antibiotics a bit more time, it's probably because it's a nasty infection that it's taking longer to kill off the infection :)

I would think that your dentist wants you to go to the hospital as maybe it's an awkward tooth to treat, I had a friend who had to go and have 2 teeth out at the hospital but it was only because they were causing problems, not because of anything serious hun :)

If you're still worried, I would ring your dentist and have them further advice you hun :)

Annie0904
21-01-13, 19:29
I was referred to the hospital to have a tooth removed but it was nothing serious, just an awkward one for the dentist to remove. :hugs:

BikerMatt
21-01-13, 19:41
Try rinsing with hot salty water 3 to 4 times per day, it should numb the pain and help clear the infection.