PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain help worried

Anxious lu
21-01-13, 16:52
I am currently experiencing this on off twinge pain in my chest specifically on tw left side. I also have a swollen feeling in my throat like when your throat is dry and you attempt to swallow a tablet.

I have been worrying about my chest and this isn't helping, I do not feel dozzy weak or tired however the muscle in my neck feel tense and I know I will pa ic and start to feel dizzy.

I have had acid reflux before and had tablets for it. I have the same throat feeling before but not the twinge pains.

What are your thoughts on this?

Arnie365
21-01-13, 17:01
Hi there

im having the left chest pains as well. The doctor thinks its acid reflux. I have an endscopy on Friday to see what going on. Ive struggled to believe its not my heart but Ive seen several doctors and all tell me my heart is fine and indigestion does cause these chest pains. I know its hard to accept but you have to try provided you have had doctors assurance. Ive had a couple of bad days with the depression yesterday and today and its harder to reassure myself when I feel like this but I still manage.

Dont be scared, im sure its just the same as me.

panickyme
21-01-13, 17:07
Awww Lucy, I am just like you, thank goodness there is a fair amount of us on here that worry about our hearts. We are not alone!!!!!! I get the left side pains frequently, sometimes if I just move that way, (maybe muscle) and I find it hard to believe that there is nothing seriously wrong, when I keep getting these darn things. Hope you feel better soon. :hugs: Debbi

dlr108
21-01-13, 20:46
hi i would imagine your chest pain is muscle tension due to anxiety any pain heart related would be central and crushing feeling if your chest is sore to touch then its muscle related i have this pain slot and it does scare .me and that feeling in throat i have that too a x it does my head in

Anxious lu
21-01-13, 21:32
I wonder if I do have acid again. I don't experience the heart burn sensation but I do keep getting a dropping feeling my the center of my chest like not a pain just a sensation like a surge of something.. I can feel bubbling too I swear I can. I keep burping too. The last time I got this was after a milkshake I just drank..

Thank You for the replies everyone, I am trying not to panic and undergo another wasted trip to a&e..

Also good luck with the endscopy I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

dlr108
21-01-13, 21:48
do you feel bloated alot ? the reason i ask is anxious people swallow alot of air due to incorrect breathing i do this and was told i do it this could explain the chest and stomach discomfort I've being so stressed and worried about heart stuff the past few months that i think I've giving myself stomach problems

Anxious lu
21-01-13, 21:52
Yes I do get bloated often :-( I do not feel particularly anxious though that is annoying! And had this feeling after one cereal bar this morning..

I am so fed up of it..

dlr108
21-01-13, 22:05
anxiety can sneak up on you i feel a bit more relaxed after seeing the cardio doc last week i wouldn't be feeling anxious and then out of habbit id check my pulse and instantly feel dizzy so as you may not feel anxious you could be

try to eat regular and include lots of fruit and veg maybe a vit b complex or magnesium supplements oh and stop googling health issues lol this i haven't managed to do but important not as bad as i was googling health issues has made me scared of every movement in my body