PDA

View Full Version : Cbt wont accept me :(

ecila92
21-01-13, 17:06
I cant get therapy because I dischargedand myself from there because I thought I was better but I'm worse! :( had my hopes up on getting better now feel crap.

BikerMatt
21-01-13, 17:14
Thats disgusting:mad: these people of all people should understand.

AuntieMoosie
21-01-13, 19:19
Please don't despair hun :)

I would go back to your GP and explain what has happened and ask them to refer you again.

It might be that they mean you will have to go back on the waiting list again as you removed yourself from the treatment, I would doubt that they would mean that you can't ever have it again hun, just that you will have to wait again :)

xdavex
21-01-13, 20:15
I can sort of relate to this, I'm 46 & for a few years now have suffered with social anxiety due to what I suspect is me having mild aspergers.

So i finally plucked up courage to see my GP who refered me to my local mental health support centre, admittedly I missed my 2nd appointment with them as at the time I considered it better not to know weather I had aspergers or not, so they sent me another appointment letter saying "sorry you failed to attend, this is your new appointment on; ../../12"
now, feeling the way I do, I sleep a lot as a form of 'escapism' as over the last 12 months I've lost a great deal of motivation in most things, including attending appointments, but i fell asleep / 'nodded off' , I was 15 minuits late arriveing for my re-scheduled appointment at CMHC & I was told the consultant refused to see me because I was late, but assured me I'd be sent another appointment, that was almost 3 months ago, so today I went into the CMHC & i asked the receptionist why they failed to send me another appointment as I did show up but late for my last appointment , I could hardly hear the receptionists response ! Why do they put a receptionist girl with such a quiet 'mouse-like' voice behind safety glass ?? -
I hardly heard a word that she said & ended up walking out of the CMHC building.

ecila92
21-01-13, 21:12
It's so frustrating. The only reason I discharged myself was because I thought I was better and work didn't understand. Hopefully if I go back to my gp I may be able to get therapy from someone else. I really do need this therapy though as I'd prefer not to be on medication because of too much worry.

cattia
21-01-13, 21:20
I also discharged myself from CBT but mine was over the phone and for that reason I didn't like it. I was told I could go back though, I just need another referral from my GP so maybe the same would be the case for you?

ecila92
21-01-13, 21:25
My gb did tell me to go back but I had to ring them up, not my gb

cattia
21-01-13, 22:52
If they won't take you back then I would go back to the GP and explain that you need a fresh referral, it sounds like you have got caught up between two different systems.

kittikat
22-01-13, 00:31
I think you have to wait 6 months for a re-referral. I completed my CBT but my therapist said I could re-apply in 6 months if I was no better. Good luck x