PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations right now :(

MissSunshine
21-01-13, 18:02
Im really scared as ive been having palpitations for the last few minutes i di feel high anxiety atm and its when i get up and move or breathe in deeply my heart jitters and its freaking me out :( please someone calm me down my heart keeps missing a beat which is freaking me out more :(

Annie0904
21-01-13, 18:08
Hi Miss Sunshine, relax your stomach, now relax your shoulders, take a deep breath in and let it out slowly

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

keep repeating this

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

Focus on something in the room, a picture or ornament, look at it and describe it, say it out loud if you are alone.

Daisy Sue
21-01-13, 18:09
yep, deep slow breathing will help you.. the more quick breaths you take, and the more you tense your body up, the faster your heart will go..

it's anxiety hun, nothing more... and i was in the same state as you only a week ago, thinking i was in for a heart attack.. palpitations, missed beats.. there's so many of us on the forum right now posting about the same thing - you just need to calm down, calm your thoughts down as well...

Annie0904
21-01-13, 18:11
Are you starting to calm down? Keep going over the above and smile :) :hugs::hugs: Even if you don't feel like smiling, do it, honestly it helps :)

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

Focus on your environment not on the symptoms and keep taking those deep breaths in and letting them out very slowly x

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:11 ----------

How are you doing Misssunshine?

MissSunshine
21-01-13, 18:15
Thank you so much annie and daisy, ive calmed down a little, but now i have this horribe pain in my back shoulder blades feel like when you have gas and its gone to my back. ive really worked myself up havent i! :(

Annie0904
21-01-13, 18:16
You have it is just tension from the anxiety causing the pain. Make your self a cuppa and try to relax :hugs::hugs: x

Daisy Sue
21-01-13, 18:17
yep, we get expert at working ourselves up, it's coming down that's the tricky bit ;)

your back could be sore from tensing up, or simply the banging of the palpitations or - you may have some trapped wind.. see if you can get any up...

another tip which takes your mind off the panic is to recite something, a poem, song lyrics, doesn't matter what, just stops you feeling everything so acutely and worrying about what you're feeling...

MissSunshine
21-01-13, 18:21
Come to think of i could do with a cuppa :)
coming back down really is the tricky part.
have had trouble with trapped wind recently i hardly ever burp! ive been worrying about pain in my boob recently (nipple area) im only 23 but ive been worrying its the big C. cant get to docs because of the snow. maybe thats why im so high with anxiety atm because its worrying me!

thats a great tip thanks girls xx

Daisy Sue
21-01-13, 18:25
you're welcome, so glad to hear you sounding a little happier now :)

by the way, trapped wind can make boobs hurt too, not sure if it's pain travelling along a nerve path, or referred pain, but i've had it... like a thin sharp pain..

ricardo
21-01-13, 18:25
Some good advise given by Daisie Sue and Annie.

Try lying down in a really comfortable position,legs slighly apart and hands by your side and keep that slow beathing technique going for 20 minutes and focus on something on the ceiling or close your eyes and picture something you enjoy (though this may be harder at first.)

Repeat it several times,let everything else wait.

MissSunshine
21-01-13, 18:32
I am thanks to you lovely people on here, i dont know what id do with this place. well i do, id panic! lol
I never knew trapped wind could cause pain there! it doesnt feel as bad today, so maybe it is! x

Thank You ricardo i will give that a go also. I think i need some me time!

Annie0904
21-01-13, 18:46
I use baby gripe water for trapped wind :) I know it sounds silly but it works :D

MissSunshine
21-01-13, 19:57
Annie I have been meaning to try baby gripe water for a while! think i best get some :)

Annie0904
21-01-13, 19:58
It really works well for me :)