PDA

View Full Version : Amitriptyline & Sertraline

Cassius
21-01-13, 22:03
Hi guys, :)

Do any of you have experience with this combination?

I was prescribed with Sertraline 50mg and Lorazepam 1mg (but I only take 0.5mg per day max if I need it - I've had two doses of 0.5mg in the last four days) for the last month and went to see my doctor today about coming off the Lorazepam by tapering slowly.

I mentioned that I have a very hard time sleeping, so he prescribed 10mg Amitriptyline, which i know is also a low dose, telling me it was to help me sleep. But now I read it's another SSRI with side effects to contend with.

I've explained to him that I'm uncomfortable taking these drugs yet he's added more...?

I like my doctor, I do... He's trying to help me but... I don't want to add more drugs that I'm going to have to ween myself off later and why on earth are we combining SSRIs now? Is that sensible? :)

Take care guys. :) I think I'm going to skip the Amitriptyline tonight and have a chat with him tomorrow about it. What do you guys think?

reddevil
22-02-13, 19:59
I take both, doctor said its fine.

BobbyDog
22-02-13, 20:21
Amitriptyline is a Tricyclic not an SSRI. I took this drug with Mirtazapine and did not have any problems.