PDA

View Full Version : Tension on top / front of head

busybee09
22-01-13, 00:39
Since friday eve now ive had tension in my head, ive noticed it kinda alternates from on top of my head to the front i think.

Obviously im thinking the worst and i want to go to the docs but its not pain that i need paracetemol for its like muscle tightness. At the moment im linking it to my period but seriously ive never had head tension like this :(

No other symptoms i think i have general bad posture though and i only wear glasses for reading.

Please suggest some things before i bring on a panic attack :)

Seems worse lying down at the mo but maybe thats pyschological and sometimes im distracted by it. Everyweek seems to bring a new health anxiety issue.

ecila92
22-01-13, 01:41
I think I know what kind of tension you're talking about. Sounds to me that it might be due to stress. If you're tensed up then that can cause your neck muscles, head to hurt. Taking too much notice to it wont make it go away though, so try not to worry too much. Distract yourself and I bet you wont notice it as much.

swajj
22-01-13, 02:42
I have had those types of headaches. In fact it is an almost constant feature of my health anxiety. You get what is probably a normal headache and then you focus on it making the pain worse. The more you focus on it the worse it gets. I use relaxation techniques to combat it. They really work.