PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I accept that there is nothing wrong?

owls
22-01-13, 00:44
CT scan: Normal
MRI: Normal
Blood tests: Normal
Eye exam: Normal
Neurologist exam: Normal

I feel so strongly that my symptoms aren't anxiety but every test I've had is normal! I often feel like i'm going to die and no one is listening to me but clearly the tests prove other wise. I just want to feel normal so badly and my symptoms make me believe that if its not one thing, its another...

lisak789
22-01-13, 02:18
I'm the exact same way. I know for me I'm scared that if I stop worrying then I will miss something and I or someone I love will die. It's a bad way to live .

swajj
22-01-13, 02:37
I can relate too. You think things like "if this headache turns out to be nothing serious then I can go on knowing I have a clean bill of health" except that you do get over the headache and it gets replaced with a brand knew symptom. So then you think "if I can just find out that this pain isn't because I have cancer of the stomach then I can go on knowing I have a clean bill of health" and on and on it goes. You are constantly checking yourself for symptoms. I know that I need to go to therapy again because it helped me before. Maybe it's the answer for you too.

Eek
22-01-13, 06:00
I feel for you I know exactly how you feel. I've had numerous tests and they came back relatively clear, there were some incidental findings on scans that my doctor is happy are harmless, but I can't accept there is nothing wrong with me. I too constantly feel like I'm going to die and I just find it impossible to accept that all is OK especially as I have definite symptoms. It's so difficult living this way.