PDA

View Full Version : I feel like my body is telling me something

footballking
22-01-13, 20:25
All of these symptoms can not be anxiety related. I feel like my body is trying to tell me something. I understand I am dwelling on it. But it seems impossible. I feel weak, mentally messed up, dizzy to the point you can't imagine. Feel like everyday I set out my mind frame positively. but the symptoms just won't disappear.

I'm stressed out that's for sure, and i'm hoping it's that, but who knows. Still waiting on my x-ray for this bump. Doctor can't be relied on, she told me she would call me earlier today, no phone call. Starting to think that this is most ****ed up shit i've been through so far.

It can only get better? or worse? How far is rock bottom? Fail my degree? Then I hit it? Who knows. I am just constantly baffled by my mind and body.

Valium it is!

Gotagetthroughthis
22-01-13, 20:39
I know how you feel mate and its so hard to believe symptoms are all anxiety but a lot of the time they are, especially if a doctor has assessed you and thinks its down to anxiety.

I had so many strange symptoms, some similar to yours, I was so dizzy everyday for months, have a look back at my threads if you get a chance and you will see how bad I was lol.

It can get better and it can also get worse but stay positive. If you are still managing to do your Degree or managing to go about your days near enough like normal then you are know where near rock bottom, which is a good thing. So yea just take each day as it comes and if you have had the medical tests or reassurance from a doctor then please try and believe them and in the end the symptoms should subside if you can stop looking for them.

If you feel your are not getting better or getting worse you can always talk to your doctor about it and they can maybe suggest some counselling or medication.

Hope things work out for you.

AuntieMoosie
22-01-13, 20:58
All the symptoms that you describe can be all anxiety related :)

Like you, I've had some right weird and wonderful symptoms over the years, but you'll be surprised what stress anxiety and panic symptoms that there are :)

You sound like you're doing well as I take it that you're at uni or something?? Try, and I know it's really hard, to keep your mind thinking positive, you aren't going to be feeling like this forever, it will pass and you will be successful :)

In a way, you have an added bonus in that you're studying as this will keep your mind busy, you can focus your mind on studying as opposed to the anxiety :)

I can understand you being annoyed that your doctor didn't ring you back today, but looking at it from their point of view, they have maybe had a really busy day and have just not had the time to make the phone call, that has happened to me sometimes too, I'm sure they'll be in touch sometime soon though :)

cattia
22-01-13, 21:00
The problem with this kind of anxiety is that if you could really accept that it was 'just' anxiety then you probably wouldn't have anxiety! The very nature of health anxiety is that we CAN'T seem to accept that there really isn't as serious physical problem going on. All you can honestly do is try to deal with the anxiety and trust the doctors. Yes there are plenty of stories about doctors missing things and people getting misdiagnosed but it's far far more likely statistically that the doctor will be right. If you read stuff online you're only going to get the horror stories. Also, you know that you have anxiety and that anxiety can and does cause these symptoms so the chances of there also being another cause that doesn't show up on tests is not that great.

footballking
22-01-13, 21:58
Thanks for the quick replies guys, I seriously understand everything your saying when I think about it logically. But there is no logic when your mind is in a haze. I went on these forums by accident 2 years ago when I didn't have this constant worry, and I said to myself: " I don't get it, why can't these people just stop worrying", Now I find it funny that I am being told that, and I am in this situation. Hopefully after I get the results on this bump, I can move on with my life slowly.

---------- Post added at 21:58 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

I know how you feel mate and its so hard to believe symptoms are all anxiety but a lot of the time they are, especially if a doctor has assessed you and thinks its down to anxiety.

I had so many strange symptoms, some similar to yours, I was so dizzy everyday for months, have a look back at my threads if you get a chance and you will see how bad I was lol.

It can get better and it can also get worse but stay positive. If you are still managing to do your Degree or managing to go about your days near enough like normal then you are know where near rock bottom, which is a good thing. So yea just take each day as it comes and if you have had the medical tests or reassurance from a doctor then please try and believe them and in the end the symptoms should subside if you can stop looking for them.

If you feel your are not getting better or getting worse you can always talk to your doctor about it and they can maybe suggest some counselling or medication.

Hope things work out for you.

Well, I was managing fine until I got a health scare about this bump below my collarbone on the right side. I have to now wait and the waiting is driving me crazy. I am trying to do it without medication. I have had about 3 diazepam in the last 3 months of 2mg. which is normal. But I feel all this stress will mess my mind up neurotically. I am worried that the constant anxiety will give me a stroke or something. It's a big cycle. Counselling seems to be a waste of time, i tried it 2 months ago, they just tell you what I can tell myself. They talk about the health anxiety circle they give u some leaflets. It doesn't do much.

Mentall ilness is only beatable if you get up and have the willpower and stare death in the face and say whatever happens, happens, I am getting up today and beating this thing. If i die in the process, then let it be so. I have tried my best.