PDA

View Full Version : Head feels weird!!!

kelly12
23-01-13, 07:32
Hello everyone me again!!....
As well as the usual anxiety symtoms i'm getting this thing with my head and it scares me more than any other symptom i been getting and it has only just started! Its like when i start to feel anxious or sometimes before i start feeling anxious or if i see or hear something shocking or that upsets me i get this weird sensation in my head like the feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when u scared or the feeling you get in a lift like a dropping sensation, and then i get all confused and feel like im gonna pass out then i feel short of breath! I have to lie down just to ease the sensation. sometimes i feel like ive had a few drinks.
This just suddenly comes on mainly in the mornings or at night when im driving home!! Its quite a horrible sensation and i get it in waves!! does anyone else have this too or is it a cause for concern??? thanks. :weep:

Paulac
23-01-13, 07:43
Hi Kelly, Duno if its the same thing your talking about but I would get this thing and the only way I can explain it is like the butterflies u get in ur stomach I feel them in my head, I hate it makes my head feel all tingly. I no the butterflies are adrenilin so it maybe can just go to any part of the body. Xxxx

kelly12
23-01-13, 08:09
Hi paula,
Yeah i get that too. Its hard to describe its a mixture of different sensations!.....Its horrible!....I have the feeling now at work im just trying to distract myself to not dwell on it cause it will start me panicking!!:wacko:

PinkRoxy
23-01-13, 09:12
Are you taking any medication? I have noticed I was getting something similar its like a dizzy feeling but not quite and the feeling like Im on a lift too. I also notice I feel like I cant breath properly like I may pass out but I don't.

I was getting it about mid morning after I had breakfast and my medication and realised it was the dose of a medication called oxybutynin I take so I now have halved the tablet and the symptoms seem to be better.

But then there are times in the past before I was even on that medication I had noticed it such as on the bus and it seems like I was sitting up high off the ground. I always thought it was my early morning starts at work and the chlorine in the air because I worked at an indoor pool that would get to me as I did have a reaction to the chlorine poisoning at work.

I don't think it would be anything to be concerned about I never went to the doctor about it myself even though I was slightly concerned when it first started happening but I realised it wasn't anything big and it never did me any harm as I am still here in a healthy way.

But I would just look at things like medication you take or environment you are in to see if those could be any courses.

Anyway all the best

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:05 ----------

Funny thing is I never actually really thought about that until you mentioned it and now Im wondering what it could be lol. I remember when I sat up high on the bus and that feeling came I would feel the need to get lower, I just remembered feeling weird and like I couldn't breath it was like I couldn't get the oxygen into my lungs and I was going to pass out. But it was never strong enough for me to fully panic as the feeling was rather quick and passed quickly.

kelly12
23-01-13, 09:41
Hi pinkroxy,
I have been given meds but have not started taken them they are propranolol but beta blockers for palpertations! I dont have them just weired sensations before i start to panic so i cant really see them working!! Ill be driving into work or home and i will suddenly feel like i cant breath then all the sensations start! I told the doctor about it and he just nodded and gave me these tablets but i cant really see them helping!! I have had blood tests and everything came back fine so im kinda putting it down to another anxiety symptom but it is scary when u r acually feeling like this!! With the breathing thing i felt just like you but i keep telling myself if anything was gonna happen it would have the last few times ive had them!!... I have never been free from panic/anxiety since i was young so i dont know what feels normal But when i do think wow im feeling not to bad today it all starts again!! Yours could also be your meds you were taking that made you feel that way!! At least ur feeling a little bit better now u have reduced it! It would be a big relief for me if it was my meds causing this but ive never took meds and cant think why else im getting this horrible thing .

PinkRoxy
24-01-13, 07:06
Hi Kelly
Yeah I was getting it before my meds too but noticed that my meds did trigger those symptoms too. It could be an anxiety thing for sure even though I don't usually feel anxious at the time when it happened. For me it was one of those things where I didn't actually know it was a medical condition or not, I think at first I was slightly worried as when I was working at the pool I would suddenly feel out of breath and like I said on the bus too when I was sitting up high. So I did have thoughts going through my mind of what it could be.

I think mine is also triggered by the heat if its humid in the air then I feel like I cant breath properly and those feelings tend to happen.

But I think maybe you should give the medicine a go to see how they go and if they reduce or get rid of the symptoms for you. Its good to know that your tests came back normal, I do think it could be an anxiety thing though as I always did question whether it is a health problem or not. But yes I agree it is scary when it happens, I relate it to like an asthmatic having an asthma attack they would be scared because they cant breath well I think our symptoms is almost like that. But no an inhaler doesn't work on me as I had tried it.

mandie
25-01-13, 09:50
Kelly, i get this, its my main anx symptom. I feel like im going to pass out and then i panic even more.

Iv had it for years on and off, but when my anx is under control it goes away

mandie x

Jenwales
25-01-13, 10:50
It's anxiety. keep telling yourself that and focus on your breathing.
http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/the_book.html