PDA

View Full Version : Jaw pain :-( advice!!

nomoreworries25
23-01-13, 08:18
Hello all from yesterday afternoon when I was having lunch my jaw ached (on the left side) when I was eating my sandwich, it carried on being uncomfortable throughout the day an now it's hurting this morn, especially when I was trying to brush my teeth, I've had this at times in the past but not this painful. Does anyone else get this? Is there anything I can do for the pain other than pain killers? Help please, I'm so fed up :-( xx

xdavex
23-01-13, 09:13
Hi, sorry to hear you're going thru this, I can sort of relate to similar issues at the moment with my toothache (acheing & painfull).

I'm not expert, so I'm guessing your jaw acheing is tooth related, most likely your lower teeth, as its the lower which moves with jaw movement.
A few years ago I had a similar acheing , & upon further investigation the acheing was due to a wisdom tooth which needed to be removed, so my advice is to see your dentist asap, its most likely not a serious as a wisdom tooth & more likely to be a one of your lower back teeth needing attention.

zippy
23-01-13, 10:02
It could be tmj which is a problem with your jaw joint. I have this and it started with a painful jaw, it also causes temple headaches, earache, dizziness etc. I wear a bottom splint on my teeth 24/7 to put my jaw in a different position.

lo89
23-01-13, 12:00
It sounds like tmjd to me also! I wear a night splint for mines, I also find putting a damp cloth in the micro and holding it over my jaw helps a lot (moist heat apparently relaxes the muscle) - it is caused by tension in the joint so try and eat soft foods for a few days to ease the strain.