PDA

View Full Version : Please help me rationalise!!! Throat issues!!

stacy1912
23-01-13, 08:56
Hi everyone

I have not been on here for a long time and hoped that anxiety had buggered off but no it is back again!! I am struggling to cope with things at the moment :mad:

In a nutshell my problems I am struggling with are:

My 18 year old son left home eight months ago and refuses to see me or speak to me. I know he is safe as with his dad but obviously this is upsetting.

I have been diagnosed as Diabetic recently and told to lose weight.

I have fatty liver disease and again need to lose weight.

I was told before christmas that I had skin cancer, so had to chew that over through the holidays, only to go back after and the GP reviewed the lesion and thought it was benign and to watch what happened. Yes I was relieved but it sent me on a spiral down to misery!

I have horrible digestive issues and the doc is sending me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy....nice!! They think it might be inflammatory bowel disease due to blood loss and pain, I am hoping for piles!!

I have developed a new and annoying problem and that is a tight throat and swallowing issues, food like weetabix is sticking in throat. Dry food mainly. Can this be just from stress? I have read a few posts and people do seem to suffer with this??? I have been suffering from muscle twitching for some time now and then with swallowing trouble I am thinking it is some kind of vile disease like Motor Neurone etc. I am not in good shape mentally at all !!

I spoke to the GP about being anxious and depressed and they basically said to see how I go and that anyone dealing with these problems would feel the same!!! I was on mirtazapine for a few years but have been "clean" ha ha for 18 months or more, so don't really want to go down the hold meds route again.

My eight year old is not sleeping well she is waking four times a night with nightmares and so I am not sleeping, as a single parent that works full time it is a struggle! Also, not sure whether she can pick up on my black mood and that I am causing her bad dreams, poor love looks shattered too.

I am also completely fed up with the snow in the UK, it stresses me out!!

Can anyone relate to this throat thing and have any words of wisdom on coping with this bucket load of issues.

Thanks

Stacy xx

PinkRoxy
23-01-13, 09:20
I am sorry to hear about all the things you have been through as it sounds like you have had a tough time.

Is your mouth or throat feeling dry than normal? Some medications can make your mouth dry. If you are taking some medication that is causing that then it could be what is causing your throat and swallowing issues.

Anxiety could be another reason and after what you have been through it could be what is causing it.

Have you asked your doctor about counselling because you shouldn't have to suffer depression especially when a lot of things is going on for you right now. You deserve to be happy and live a life where you feel alright and are able to function. Its not nice to feel down and its always good to talk to a professional about how you are feeling.

I hope you do feel better soon :)

Justinf
23-01-13, 09:27
I'll swap you your snow for the 37 degrees we are expecting here tomorrow any day!:)
When you say weetbix getting stuck, are you eating it dry? May sound like a silly question, but if you are eating it dry, then no wonder it feels like it is getting stuck.
Kids pick up on adults' stress levels very easily. It's a gift that they have before they turn into adults. They can empathise beautifully.
it's possible she could be picking up your stress levels, but as long as she is loved then it will pass.

stacy1912
23-01-13, 09:44
Thanks for the replies, the weetabix is with milk :) it seems to just stick in throat for some reason?!

I am peeved that the doctors just say, see how you go!! But I can see their point of view that pills are not going to change anything and make my son come home.

My daughter must be picking up on my stress and that is another worry!! I will try and focus on her for a while and not me!

I am only taking omeprazole for acid issues in tummy, so will look to see if that can cause a dry throat and would cause these issues. Although i think it has been going on a while, when I asked friends they say they can choke on anything and things get stuck and they take no notice. I just get all stressed out!!

Anxiety I have learnt can do anything and I suspect it is the reason I am struggling.

Thanks again

june
23-01-13, 12:42
throat issues can be part of stress/anxiety. food getting stuck AND even you might go to swallow something and realise (just for a second) that you have foggotten how to swallow:ohmy:
June

smiths
23-01-13, 18:53
hi there i am also having swallowing issues atm , i think everything is going to get stuck im avioding eating im very anx about it and dread mealtimes etc :(

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

pink roxy i was thinking about what you said about the meds i checked on side effects and on mine it says dry throat etc i wonder if they are adding to my problems rather solving them ?

stacy1912
23-01-13, 20:35
This is the problem worrying about choking to death! It feels like a tight compression below the adams apple and food keeps sticking (I think). It gets constricted and I have to clear my throat or something to stop it. Also when I am talking it plays up. This is by far the most annoying anxiety symptom (if that is what it is) that I have had to date!! Fed up with it and it makes me worry that I am suffering from some horrible muscle wasting and the throat muscles are failing first!!

smiths
24-01-13, 14:20
i totally know where u are coming from im having a real miserable time with this atm

stablegirl12
27-01-13, 19:44
i have this at the moment too just moved to france and think its anxiety