PDA

View Full Version : new to no more panic

bubbalully84
23-01-13, 11:59
hi all,

I am 28 yrs old, a full time mum to 3 girls aged 2 yrs 10 months, 5 and 7.
I have been married to my husband for 4 yrs but we've been together for 14yrs.
I have suffered with depression, severe anxiety and everything else that comes with these conditions for near on 6 yrs now.
I am currently taking fluoxetine (12th day and not doing good). After trying many pills and settling on sertraline for 4 yrs my doctor decided to take me off the sertraline in october 2012 and refer me for counselling instead.
Well this ended up with the doctor having to put me back on to some pills 2 wks ago as depression hit me hard and my husband had to drag me to the docs. As for the counselling i am starting tomorrow, so fingers crossed it all goes well as i really want to be the person i was 7 yrs ago!!

I came across this site whilst searching side effects of fluoxetine and it looks soooo helpful and its lovely to know that i'm not going mad and this will get better given time!

Fenrir
23-01-13, 12:04
:welcome: bubbalully, I'm on week 5 of Fluxetine and feeling alot calmer than I have in 6 years. :)
I have also given up coffee, cola, chocolate and smoking, which have to be helping alot.
Take care. :hugs:

bubbalully84
23-01-13, 12:09
hi fenrir,

thanks, i have given up coffee, am currently in the process of talking myself into quitting smoking.

I'm hoping this will settle down and give me a chance! As i said though i'm only on my 12th day and my side effects are hideous! But reading some of these posts i see alot of people feel the benefits after 4/5 wks.

thanks for your advice, much appreciated xx

nomorepanic
23-01-13, 12:09
Hi bubbalully84

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Fenrir
23-01-13, 12:16
Coffee and everything I gave up for new years, Smoking I quit on Sunday night.
I'm doing alot better than I thought, but then I usually expect the worst.
When I feel like smoking I write down things like...

"I don't smoke" "I used to smoke" "I quit smoking"

Gives my hand something to do and my brain something to think about.
Also 55% of what you inhale is actually oxygen, only 45% is smoke.
Most of the good feeling you get is from the oxygen, tell yourself this and breathe slowly and deeply.

Good Luck. :bighug1:

parijat
23-01-13, 12:19
Hi,
this is parijat.i'll get married on 1st feb 2013.i have an fear that my would be hubby can die on 31 st jan for heart attack.some times i feel that i want that poor thing. i can't stop that type of thought. some time i feel i'll be happy for that........what sould i do???????????????

bubbalully84
23-01-13, 12:23
hi,

thanks fenrir, I will set myself a date and try. I'm the same, i ALWAYS expect the worst.

take care :hugs:x

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

hi parijat,

You say you sometimes feel you want that to happen?! You mean your husband to be to have a heart attack?
Are you on any medication or sought any help with these feelings?

nat
xx