PDA

View Full Version : Doctors and Antibiotics - Throat Worries...!

reddevil
01-09-06, 13:31
Sorry but another question.

My friend has just said to me that I bet the doctor just gave you antibiotics to shut me up and knows that it's anxiety?

1) Surly doctors can not do that?
2) He said my throat was red?

Any reassurance pls?

Quirky
01-09-06, 13:40
Hi there,

Doctors never give antibiotics these days unless they feel there is an absolute clinical need. I am on antibiotics myself for a wheezy & red throat, I'm on day four so I hope they help soon, although I often find I need to finish the course before it helps. I saw a doctor last week who told me it was anxiety (without looking in my throat). This week my own doctor (who is fab) realised I have an infection.
Doctors would not give you antibiotics to shut you up or because you are anxious, they are not allowed to so your friend is wrong there.

I hope that helps with answers to both of you posts.

Lisa x

reddevil
01-09-06, 20:10
I have taken a days dose and nothing seems to of happened yet!

Red

nomorepanic
01-09-06, 20:14
They take about 3 days to take effect

Nicola

Jem27
01-09-06, 22:07
He wouldnt give anti bs if you weren't ill i can assure you. They take about 3-5 days to work.

mum2four
01-09-06, 22:14
If you trust your Dr then thats all that matters some Dr do it but if your Dr has you best interest at heart he would not.

My mum has Dr that will literally give what she wants she can walk in and say I she want the strongest pain killers and she gets them all the time I dont like how he keeps giving them to her as he never helped her really figure out what she really has he just keep giveing her meds in home she get better or something. She use to be at the Dr every fue day when were kids and she still go heaps.

Its about trust dose you Dr ever say nothing is wrong with you if so than I'd say he's not giving you meds to shut you up. If he has helped you discover you true illness and you feel better with his help not slowly getting worse then I'd say you friend may have a fue issues with you not your Dr.

It about trust and if you not sure ask you Dr if your worried

reddevil
02-09-06, 07:45
Hi,

I said to the doctor that I came in on Tuesday and the doctor I spoke to said he could see nothing wrong with my throat.

The doctor then looked and said "Well, it's red today and we will try anitibiotics first".

He then gave me a subscription for two weeks worth, not sure why he gave me that many?

I'm just hoping it's not in my head all of this?

reddevil
03-09-06, 09:15
Hi all,

On my 3rd day of antibiotics and still no joy.

I'm worried I have throat C but I'm worried to google symtoms.

I'm also questioing why the doctor game me two weeks of antibiotics and should I finish the course before I go back or should I go back asap next week.

So worried, did not sleep all night because of this.

I'm want to belive it's anxiety but I have never had this symtom before?

Red