PDA

View Full Version : Terrified of vision problems :(

matrix123
23-01-13, 16:03
Hello again,
some months ago I was a very regular visitor of this site because my anxiety was really bad. My biggest issue was "weakness" on the left side which has got better...but still not completely normal.

However now I'm coming back with another issue which is really scaring me. The right side of my head, mostly around the right eye feels kind of numb and what scares me the most is that the vision in the right eye does't seem normal. From the self tests I'm doing I can say this:

- The central vision (what is visible to both eyes) is good. No issues with that even when I close one of the eyes.
- The peripheral vision I'm not sure. I close the left eye "fix" the point in my left vision until I can see with my right eye. Then I open the left eye and try to see in the part of the vision field that can be seen only with the left eye. The vision in the part is not as clear as the central vision, but it seems OK. When I repeat the same exercise with the right eye, the part of vision field visible only with the right eye is kind of blurry. Also if there's something written in that part I have trouble to read it.

On the other hand I think my field of vision is about 180 degrees, but let's say about 10-15 degrees in the right side are kind of blurry :(

I've read that there are many "scary" things that cause eye issues (especially peripheral) including brain tumors, MS, glaucomas, etc:(

Anyone with similar issues?

fruity
23-01-13, 16:52
HELLO YES I REMEMBER U ON ABOUT YOUR WEAKNESS BECAUSE I REPLIED. X I TOO HAVE HAD VISUAL PROBLEMS ALOT WHEN MY ANXIETYS STARTED (5YRS AGO)& EARLY LAST YR BUT THEY SEEM A BIT BETTER AT THE MOMENT ANYWAY... MY MAIN PROBLEM EYE WAS THE LEFT. BLURRED,LIKE IM UNDERWATER,SNOWY. U NAME IT. I ALSO HAD LIKE THINGS ARE MOVING(NOT VIRTIGO) BUT THEN I STARTED HAVING IT IN MY RIGHT (MAINLY BLURRED IN THAT ONE) BUT JUST SO SCARY! I KNOW U CAN HAVE VISUAL PROBLEMS IN ANXIETY BUT IT STILL PLAYS ON YOUR MIND. IS IT ISN,T IT? :bighug1:

Anxious_gal
24-01-13, 00:12
Go to specsavers get a full eye test including the glaucoma test and the visual field test.
When it comes back normal you will feel much better.