PDA

View Full Version : Scared I may have a UTI...

Iced_diamond
23-01-13, 19:23
Hi, at the end of work today I felt a bit of a soreness in my tummy. When I got in, I started to feel it a bit more. It's not like proper stomach ache, it's more like a dull feeling as if you're belly is a bit tender or sore. The trouble is, I am freaking out a bit now, as I had a UTI (urinary tract infection) about 2 years ago. It started with a similar pain to what I have now and then developed into this really painful stomach ache-even caused me to pass out! I'm worried it could be this again. Has anyone else had this feeling and could it be down to something else? Thanks! Getting a bit panicy!

clank
24-01-13, 00:13
Hey dude yesterday i went pee, and it burned like hell for some reason. and right above it just above the pubic area on the left i got a sharp pain. It doesn't hurt when i pee anymore, the spot above my pubic area hurts when i push hard, and there is also a constant dull feeling there, other than that im alright. i have no idea what it is and im a bit scared like you are!

ladymillion
24-01-13, 11:39
Hi The usual symptoms for a UTI can be
Dark/cloudy urine ( sometimes foul smelling)
lower back pain
dehydration
confusion
pain when passing urine

i would hand a morning sample of your urine into ur local health centre to get it checked and in the mean time drink plenty of fluids.

Anxious lu
24-01-13, 11:50
When I had a uti I found it was a sharp pain but also a dull ache..

I suggest keeping hydrated of ever I feel one coming on now I just drink tonnes of water and the symptoms ease. Somtimes dehydration can cause these effects.

A hot water bottle will ease the pain but if symptoms persist see a doc for antibiotics x

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

Also over the counter cranberry sachets may help although they are usually for cystitis

Iced_diamond
24-01-13, 16:42
Hi guys and thank you all for your replies. This morning I felt fine and again up until 3 or 4 I felt fine, then I got this dull, sore pain again. So, I'm thinking is this a UTI (a part-time UTI :D) or maybe related to stress or even hunger-don't eat much during the day...

ladymillion
25-01-13, 11:42
I would definately hand a sample into your GP just to rule that out and then if it comes back clear i would go see your GP and explain your symptoms