PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone - new member

Birdiegirl
23-01-13, 19:55
I found this site today and thought it would be good to join and connect with others suffering with anxiety. :ohmy: And maybe seek some advice and feedback. Not sure where I 'fall' within the various categories, it's a bit of everything. Have had panic attacks in the past, now get sort of ongoing anxiety with even little things pushing me into superstress mode. Panic feelings seem to come with a variety of enjoyable symptoms, at the moment I have the swallowing/lump thing and also having to force myself to take a breath, if you know what I mean. In addition, I am trying to tackle my various 'food phobias' - there's lots of things that I am nervous about eating and in fact, eating at all seems to be a challenge at the moment. I get hungry, the food goes down in front of me and it's like 'whoa, don't fancy that' and my throat closes. I used to LOVE my food but not any more.

I am going through the menopause and also have recently been given levothyroxine as my thyroid has packed up and I'm sure that some of my problems are due to fluctuating hormones. I'm on HRT as well and due to see the doc next month after a blood test to see how I'm doing.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell, so pleased to have found this site which I am sure will provide help, encouragement and mutual support. It's good to know I am not alone.

Baggs
23-01-13, 20:02
Hi Birdie,
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

nomorepanic
23-01-13, 20:05
Hi Birdiegirl

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mark13
23-01-13, 20:44
Hello and :welcome:

Daisy Sue
23-01-13, 21:31
hi Birdiegirl... welcome to the forum :) i can empathise with a lot of what you're going through!

glad you joined, i'm sure you'll find it a fantastic support & learning resource.

kittikat
23-01-13, 23:30
Hi & :welcome:

I am sure you will find it beneficial being part of this friendly community.

Take care, Kitti :)