PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram Day 6 - when will I feel better?!

Sunshine77
23-01-13, 19:58
I know this is probably a completely stupid question but how long does it normally take before Cit kicks in?

I was on fluoxetine for 12 months then came off it and when I went back on it was making my anxiety so much worse that my doc took me off it and started me on the Cit last Friday. I felt pretty good Sat/Sun despite nausea and headache but yesterday and today the fear is back with a vengeance.

I'm on 10mg at the moment which I'm meant to increase to 20mg from Friday.

My big concern is this - I'm meant to be back at work next Weds but if the increase in dose causes another "mini-relapse" then it will coincide with going back! If I think this is likely then I need to pre-empt it this Friday and let HR know I won't be back next week.

What do you think, those of you who have experience with Cit? Am I likely to feel ok by then? I don't mind the physical side effects.... it's the mental stuff I can't handle, and no way could I work as I am today.

Please help... I'm so scared... :scared15:

Thanks

sjane
23-01-13, 20:35
I've been on Cit for 3 weeks now, I have also been on Fluoxetine previously, but thought I was better and weaned myself of it. Shame really.

I am only just feeling the benefit with cit, but its still early days and the side effects are just wearing off at the moment. Felt a bit calmer at work today, on 20mg. Work was a bit of scary over the last couple of weeks, kept shaking there, still am a bit but its getting better and heads a bit clearer. :)