PDA

View Full Version : just eaten some chocolate

spottitchsam
23-01-13, 20:25
hi guys,i have just eaten a strip of about 6 squares of chocolate and now im panicking.WHY. it did not get stuck and ive had a drink of water,my hubby said lets go for a little walk.i can only walk for about 5 mins because of my rheumatoid arthritis in my feet.just come back and im still the same.ive been getting on pretty well over the last 10 days or so.i have some diazapam which i had from the gp but i have not taken them 11th january.i have been taken the amtriptyline and im up to date on taking them.i think i will try and ride thia out but if i still feel the same about 9pm i will take one.hope everyone is coping with their problems ok.x

Annie0904
23-01-13, 20:30
Hi Jean, Maybe it is the sugar and caffeine in the chocolate. Hopefully you will settle down again soon. I love chocolate but sometimes it increases my anxiety. :hugs:

spottitchsam
23-01-13, 20:42
thanks annie,still feeling the same even though i have tried breathing deeply,i have been on the cambridge diet upuntil 2 weeks ago so really this is the 1st time since end of august that i have eaten chocolate.oh god cant you let me live a normal life.what have i done to deserve this.x

Annie0904
23-01-13, 20:48
I still eat it but I never feel too good after. Hope you feel better soon Jean sending you hugs :hugs::hugs: x

spottitchsam
23-01-13, 20:52
thanks Annie,I can always count on you to come back to me.take care.x

Annie0904
23-01-13, 20:55
You too Jean, we will get through this. I am sure your CBT will help when you start it xx

Daisy Sue
23-01-13, 21:03
hi Jean, i'd hazard a guess and say it's probably the caffeine in the chocolate, causing the panic...

i have a theory (don't know if i'm right though lol) that if you don't have a substance like caffeine/alcohol for a long while, then have it, your body acts quite sensitively and you feel the effects far more than if you had that substance regularly..

today i've had 2 cups of hot chocolate and this evening have had a pounding headache - i'm sure it's connected, as i've not had chocolate in any form for a few weeks now..

hope your panic attack calms down soon!

spottitchsam
23-01-13, 21:17
daisy sue,thanks for reply I think Annie and you could be right.I've calmed down a little but I think I might end up taking a diazepam for me to settle down to sleep.thanks guys I really do appreciate your support.x

Lissa101
23-01-13, 21:33
Hi Jean, I've never had that effect from chocolate but I've heard other people say they avoid it. No great suggestions apart from remember it won't last forever and if it helps I'm having a panicky, rubbish evening too. I'm away to watch Africa on record; hopefully Attenborough's soothing voice and a cup of herbal tea will calm me down :) When I was first prescribed diazepam I used to take a half and go to bed with a good book when I felt bed. Really helped. Hope you feel better soon x

spottitchsam
23-01-13, 22:24
lissa thanks for your reply,I am feeling a little bit better now.I've been given a link from Annie she is a rock.she goes out of her way to find information to help you.hope we have a good night sleep so we can cope tomorrow.x

panickyme
23-01-13, 23:45
Grrrrrr chocolate does that to me, and the sad part is I keep eating it. (I love it.....)It can, make you anxious, and I would think that it is the caffeine that does it. Hope you feel better soon. :)

spottitchsam
24-01-13, 09:39
Grrrrrr chocolate does that to me, and the sad part is I keep eating it. (I love it.....)It can, make you anxious, and I would think that it is the caffeine that does it. Hope you feel better soon. :)

thankyou panickyme for your reply.I am a lot better this morning and at the moment I am in the hairdressers having my hair coloured.I had to split my appointment into two weeks.last week I had it cut.I cancelled altogether 2week's before.hope you are having a good morning so far.x

Lissa101
24-01-13, 09:46
Hairdressers are hard aren't they? I dyed my blonde hair red in a moment of complete madness (had a panic attack when I had the red dye on lol). Had to endure a FOUR hour session at hairdressers to strip the colour out. It's just too noisy! Hope you hair comes out nice x

spottitchsam
24-01-13, 11:17
Hairdressers are hard aren't they? I dyed my blonde hair red in a moment of complete madness (had a panic attack when I had the red dye on lol). Had to endure a FOUR hour session at hairdressers to strip the colour out. It's just too noisy! Hope you hair comes out nice x

morning lissa,back from hairdressers,feel safer at home only took a hr which is long enough for me.you we're very brave to have your hair dyed at home in the 1st place.x

Annie0904
24-01-13, 11:30
Well done on getting your hair done Jean :yahoo:

spottitchsam
24-01-13, 11:35
thanks Annie,it does take a lot of energy but I admit I do feel better.I only had my hair dyed and washed off I thought it would be pushing it for me to have it dried has well.x

panickyme
24-01-13, 12:07
So proud of you, great job getting to the hairdresser after not feeling so well!!!! Something about getting that hair done, makes you feel great, like a new person. Hope you have a great day! :hugs: Debbi

spottitchsam
24-01-13, 15:19
debbi thank you,hope that you are well and are having a good day.me so far so good.x