PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help

MikeT1991
23-01-13, 21:03
Hello everyone my name is mike. Am 21 years old but certainty do not feel it, I suffered by first fully blown anxiety attack when I was 19, the worst feeling ever! Over the last few years I have had spells and so on, but now I am back in one in worry something is wrong with me, thinking I am going to have a heart attack, which then the anxiety gives me pains and niggles and weird sensations, I have made mistakes in the past, I have never abused drugs but like most young lads I have been very drunk on a night out and ended up agreeing to doing something i would never normally do, when I was younger I was down about myself after losing my girlfriend because of anxiety I went on a little 5 week course of steroids, worst choice ever! But I think these things scare me because I worry I am going to die because of these mistakes, over the years I've been convinced I have a tumor, cancer, heart problems? You name it I've thought it. I just want to change my lifestyle to help keep my mind healthy

nomorepanic
23-01-13, 21:13
Hi MikeT1991

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Daisy Sue
23-01-13, 21:13
hi Mike, & welcome :)

firstly, i'd suggest you have a good read through the forum on other people's panic attack experiences... you'll see that you're not alone with the fears and sensations. also, there are some info pages - have a look to the list on the left... <<<<<

i think most people are scared of the same things when having a panic attack as you are, but haven't ever had steroids or experimented with drugs/drink... maybe try to stop letting those things figure in your thinking, and just try to deal with the anxiety... i would bet that your past mistakes as you put it have absolutely nothing physically to do with your anxiety now, except for in your mind...

MikeT1991
23-01-13, 22:32
Thank you for the reply I really appreciate it :) yeah I think I just need to learn how to deal with them, I only ever touched drugs on a couple of occasions but I feel ashamed of myself for the stupid mistakes. I am really determined to just start exercising and maintain a healthy life style to help keep my Mind strong. I've had a good look on the site and it is amazing to see how many people do actually suffer with some sort of anxiety disorder and to be honest I would not wish it on anyone. It is a relief but also a bond that everyone really wants to help eachother which is amazing

OncewasSupergirl
23-01-13, 22:39
Welcome Mike....honestly mate im 35 n did a few recreational drugs when i was younger ive had panic attacks since i was 23 but i dont think they were responsible for my panic...your thoughts are just linked to your anxiety. Get some good info on panic attacks n practice it and you will learn to deal with them....lots of help n lovely people on here so use it...good luck :) x x

MikeT1991
23-01-13, 22:47
Thank you :) I am really looking forward to meeting people on here and talking to everyone x x

Serenitie
23-01-13, 22:48
Welcome Mike!

You are not alone. I'm sure that you will receive a lot of support on here and I'm so glad you are coming to the Liverpool meet. I'm looking forward to meeting you and spending time with like minded people :yesyes: