PDA

View Full Version : Anyone that has found a way to cope?

BlueEyes28
23-01-13, 22:45
Ok i'll keep this as short as pos, i relapsed with my health anxiety just after Christmas due to being overly stressed and was worried about how i was always so tired on lexapro and short tempered, started to over think about that and hey presto! I had a bout 6 months before due to a real health scare which thank god was fine and was changed from effexor to lexapro, doesn't seem to help as much but i'd been on effexor for 9 yrs! And was fine on that no bouts at all! So here i am 2 bouts in 6 months and im also very depressed, we had to call in the crisis team as i have been suicidal :'( That terrifies me but sometimes i feel so lost and desperate it feels like the only option, I have 3 young children whom I cant bare to put them through this again, also i stay with my mum when im like this for support but its too much for her, shes a natural worrier and cant.bare to see me like this, im scared of having to go through this again and again and dragging my fam through it too, I have a partner who i love to bits and vice versa but he really doesn't understand so he finds it hard to support me. I have had my lexapro increased from 15 to 20mg but doesn't seem to help to be honest, but pdoc isnt keen on changing as im due to start cbt in a couple of weeks, thing is i just dont see the point! I will never be well i dont think I.cant bare the thought of getting better then 6 months down the line back to square 1 again! If anyone can give me some advice? Maybe you've been at this point and can help? I'd be eternally greatful, sorry its was a long read, Thanks

cattia
23-01-13, 23:34
Hi, I am so sorry you feel this way. I also have young children and I know how hard it is being a parent and feeling so bad. It sounds as though you should go back on your original meds. Why did you change them? If they worked for nine years then they clearly are a god choice for you. I know it feels like there is no end in sight and things will never get better but remember, you have been well and in control before, so that's a sign that it can and will happen again once you get the right treatment. You've obviously responded well to meds in the past which shows that your anxiety and depression are very treatable. CBT takes time so I would think it's worth getting stable on the right meds first. I hope you're able to get something sorted soon x

BlueEyes28
23-01-13, 23:46
I would of loved to of stayed on them but i guess they stopped working as i had a bad bout on them, phsyc doesn't want to change meds as she thinks they are working, and its just il have good and bad days then more good until.i recover, she wants me to start cbt so i duno i can only do as she says, thank for the reply ;-)