PDA

View Full Version : fear of flyng insects

robertina
15-06-04, 14:58
Hi everyone, im a 25 years old girl from Uk.
Im writing just to know if theres anyone else here thats absolutely afraid and disgusted by insects, expecially the flyng ones.
I personally dread the summer. And now it has just kicked in.
If im at home i dont mind too much, expecially if im not alone, as i have nets on every window, but my problem is work. I work as a cleaner in a school, in a small bulding made of 4 rooms and a corridor. I often am alone there..well not no more. Now the insects are there with me. Usually about 2 of those big black flies, which i hate soooo much plus some other small flies and creatures. Im dreading going to work....its a daily nightmere. I jump and scream from one room to the other but i cant get out there couse i have to work....
well as i sayd i wondered if someone has the same fear i have, to share feelings and opinions with me.
love xxx R.

Meg
15-06-04, 17:01
Dear R ,

This is a fear shared by many non anxious people as well.. You are certainly not alone with this one

Is this the only reason you dread going to work so much ?

A big can of Raid may help. Mostly in early am or evenings which I guess is when you work the insects will be mainly at the windows so you can sort them out before carrying on the other work .

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

april tones
18-06-04, 20:56
hi there, i dont particular like them and do something really horrible, vac them up with dust buster. There was loads of red flies n my room and i thought they could crawl on us all in night, love april x

apriltones

Caitlyn89
20-06-04, 02:16
Red Flies???? There are Red Flies??

april tones
23-06-04, 20:51
yeah, they were tiny, like green flies but red!

apriltones