PDA

View Full Version : Black spots in vision..

Rls1994
24-01-13, 01:03
I don't see them all the time, but sometimes I see a black spot at the corner of my eye and I turn to look as I think it's a spider but nothing's there.. I'm scared because detached retinas are like that. :/ My Mum also had one recently so I'm scared...

I get white flashes when I'm lying in bed as well sometimes. I NEVER see it during the day or anything, apart from the black spots I sometimes see.

I'm scared I'm going to go blind or something eventually, which sounds completely ridiculous as I'm only 18.

Anyway, are these spots and flashes normal....?

PinkRoxy
24-01-13, 07:10
Im not sure maybe you should ask your GP and see what they say. I do know if you stare into the light or at the sun it can cause these black spots in the vision.

I don't think you are going to go blind hun I think I'm it would be something that can be sorted.

Do you wear glasses? Do you get migraines often?

owls
24-01-13, 10:35
I also see flashes and have many black spots in my vision and most of the time I see straight vertical lines in my vision too. I went to an eye doctor last week who dilated my eyes so she could see inside my eye and she said my eyes are perfect. She explained to me that I was probably having ocular migraines or it could be anxiety related due to my constant anxiety but she assured me that I am fine and not to worry.

Rls1994
24-01-13, 13:32
Hey guys! Thanks for the replies. I've got an opticians appointment soon. Would they detect something wrong with your eyes? I know they can see if your eye sight is worsening but what about detached retina?

By the way, I never get migraines/headaches but I am on the computer an awful lot lol.

PinkRoxy
24-01-13, 20:28
It could well be the computer as sometimes that can make my vision go funny. But I would try an optometrist and see what they say. They may even be able to give you some glasses to help with that.

All the best and hope you are able to get it sorted.