PDA

View Full Version : Nicola (NMP) I Just Read Your Story.

AuntieMoosie
24-01-13, 03:52
Hi there Nic,

I'm not having any luck with sleeping tonight, so I got up and decided to have a good read through your story.

I found it really interesting and helpful too :)

It just amazes me how just the one panic attack triggers this whole awful scenario.

My story started out with similar things to you Nic, apart from I have suffered from depression since 1984 when I suffered post natal depression following the birth of my Daughter, I suppose that kicked in all the psychological stuff that took off after that.

I recovered from the post natal depression, carried on life as normally as I could, having spells of depression along the way, but no real panic to be honest.

Then whilst I was doing a course in Information Technology and administration back in 2004, I had gotten to the stage where I was just sitting my exams and WHAM!!!! whilst walking home up a very busy road, I suffered the most horrific panic attack, it has to have been the worst one I've ever had :scared15: I couldn't breath, was going really dizzy, sweating I couldn't think straight, even the sound of the traffic was "abnormal" every sound was being magnified, I was stumbling along the pavement till I saw a little alley, I went up the alley and found a wall where I promptly just fell onto my backside!!!
Fortunately for me, a nurse walking down the same road had spotted me stumbling and had followed me up this little alley as they were concerned and it was he who told me that he thought I was having a panic attack.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I did get home and that was the whole start of my panic and agoraphobia. At first I did keep trying to carry on going out but every time I did, I would have panic after panic attack.

It's been a hell of a long road for me too, but I am making progress now :)

Thank you so much for sharing your story Nic, it really helped me to read it and I recognised so much of it too.

I'm so glad that life has got better for you now :) I guess we just have to take each day as it comes and deal with it best we can :hugs:

CameronG
24-01-13, 04:50
Hi, where is this story?

Cam x

AuntieMoosie
24-01-13, 04:52
Here it is, I hope the link works as I've never done a link on this site before :)

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/mystory/

CameronG
24-01-13, 04:58
It's worked! Thanks moosie I'll read it now

Tish
24-01-13, 05:43
Good morning from another insomniac!
I've just read Nicola's story too, there's so much to relate to.

nomorepanic
24-01-13, 13:34
I have started writing an update but not uploaded it yet. Of course there was the horrendous time I had 4 years ago with the Crohn's flare-up, heart attack and 2 months in hospital and 7 months with a drain in my abdomen.

I guess my story kind of stops short so I really should get the next bit uploaded for you all to read.

I am glad you enjoyed reading it and could relate though

spottitchsam
24-01-13, 15:54
thanks auntiemoosie for the thread link,hope that you are feeling a little bit better now.nicola thanks for sharing your story in the 1st place.it would be nice to have a update.hope all is well.x