PDA

View Full Version : My Story:

reianni
01-09-06, 16:28
Hi, I'm a 26 yr old male. Here's my long story.

Back in 03 I suffered from vertigo. It became serious when one day I just started getting numb from my foot going up to the point I felt as if someone was squeezing my lungs. I was near to passing out when I reached the emergency room then when I was there all my sensations came back but I had pins and needles sensations all over. My neurologist just said that I was hyperventilating but did a CT-Scan on my brain to be sure. Everything came out ok. But ever since 03 my vertigo never went away and till now and every passing year after 03 I had additional symptoms like heartburns, muscle twitchings, difficulty breathing, tremoring and difficulty sleeping. I did a number of diagnostic and physical exams from 03 to 04 from X-rays, blood tests, MRI, CT-Scan, 2D-Echo, EEG, ECG, ENG, thyroid test and motorskill test and still everything was ok. I didn't have any brain, nerve, heart, lung, blood, liver, bladder or even thyroid problems. My neuro suggested to let me take sedative pills like benzodiazepam since Serc anti-vertigo didn't work. Well, benzodiazepam didn't work for me and my neuro gave me a different sedative called Rivotril saying that different sedatives work for different people. Rivotril worked extremely well for me. 80% of my life is back to normal. I can drive a superbike, go on rollercoasters and do other extreme activities. My neuro just said that "these are anti-anxiety drugs.... if you had anything physically wrong with your brain then the Rivotril won't work as well as you said."

Now, I enjoy working a lot and doing a lot. This website also serves as an outlet for me. It lets me help people and also relieves me of my frustrations because I'm dealing with people who have and are feeling the same things I feel when I had/have these attacks.

clickaway
01-09-06, 17:32
Welcome Reianni,

It is so heartwarming to read a post where you have been so successful.

This forum is all about helping people, and I think the words you have written tells us there is hope for us all.

Cheers,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

polly daydream
01-09-06, 18:24
Hi Reianni and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

nomorepanic
01-09-06, 18:30
Hi Reianni

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Glad you are doing so much better now with things

Nicola

manmoor
01-09-06, 18:58
Hi Reianni,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

trac67
01-09-06, 19:01
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

juju
01-09-06, 21:24
hi reianni,
welcome to the forum, thanks for sharing with us all
take care
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

jill
01-09-06, 22:37
Hi reianni :D

WELCOME TO THE SITE. :D

TAKE CARE