PDA

View Full Version : Worse news..can't take any more

Annie0904
24-01-13, 13:45
My husband just called me to say our youngest son has had his house broken into again. He was broken into in Dec 2011 and had £5000 worth of laptop and camera equipment stolen. He moved to what he thought was a safer flat today and has been broken into again. His laptop has again been stolen. He works freelance and has lost his work again. He was in the flat at the time. he is not harmed but very shocked. He lives 90 min drive form me. I just can't believe they have done it to him again. He is the most lovely caring person ever and would do anything for anyone. How could they do this to him. I need to call him but I can't stop crying.

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

He was so scared, he hid behind a door

Bonnibelle
24-01-13, 13:46
Oh Annie:-(( that is just awful. Thank goodness your son is ok, but he is bound to be shaken.

Can he claim on insurance?

((((hugs)))) xxxxx

Annie0904
24-01-13, 13:51
The first time he told me he was getting insurance but didn't so after the break in I got insurance for him and i have been paying it. He has been writing a book and last time they took his external hard drive too. He is part way through writing it again. it is all the personal stuff. He had to hide behind a door so scared as there were a few of them in.

swgrl09
24-01-13, 13:53
Wow, that is so frightening. My dad's house was broken into and laptop stolen, but luckily he was not home. I cannot believe your son was home for that, I hope he is ok. Thankfully they did not hurt him, that is most important.

Hugs for you and him :hugs:

Annie0904
24-01-13, 14:19
Oh I just cannot believe it happened to him again

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

I have spoken to him, he is so upset. The police have been, there are some really bad people about...my poor son

Elle-Kay
24-01-13, 14:26
Oh dear Annie, your poor son that must have been so scary :( Could he come back home to stay with you for the weekend, so he feels safe & has time to recover his thoughts?

maximus1975
24-01-13, 14:34
dam annie life can be so unfair i only hope they find the mugs that did this

Tufty
24-01-13, 14:39
That's awful but at least he is OK.
Have you been able to speak to him yet?

Annie0904
24-01-13, 14:46
I have phoned him and he is really upset. He heard the door break down and saw more than 1 so just hid behind another door. I am not a vicious person at all but I would like to get my hands on them! They just don't realise how many lives they devastate or they probably do but don't care. I am trying to sort things out with insurance but it is the fact of knowing someone has been in your home. It was his bedroom and it has French doors...I will be so scared in case it happens again and so will he.

traciec39
24-01-13, 14:58
Oh no your poor son and poor you
I can't imagine how scary that would be!
Burglary is horrible but to actually be in the
House at the time, he needs better locks and
Perhaps a cheap alarm system.
I was burgled about 10 years ago, they took so
Much and we weren't insured. I was only out for an
Hour.
Look on the net for the dummy CCTV cameras, it may
Be a deterrent.
At least your sons ok and safe now
Take care xxx

Annie0904
24-01-13, 15:16
He has an alarm system but it wasn't on as he was in the house. It is a private rented house and the landlord won't pay for other security. After his last house was broken into they wouldn't put better security on. I bought cctv to put on the last house after he was broke into. we thought the new one would be safer especially with the alarm...never expecting them to break in when it was occupied. thank you everyone your support and kind words mean a lot. i just can't stop shaking x

Magic
24-01-13, 16:01
I am so sorry Annie, we do feel for our children whatever age.
I would like to belt the living daylights out of who is responsable.no kidding.
:mad::hugs::hugs:

Annie0904
24-01-13, 16:10
I am so sorry Annie, we do feel for our children whatever age.
I would like to belt the living daylights out of who is responsable.no kidding.
:mad::hugs::hugs:

Me too Magic and I am usually not an angry person but when people hurt or upset my kids!!!!

panickyme
24-01-13, 17:33
Aww Annie, I wish I had the right words to you to make you feel better. If we are not nervous enough, to have something happen to one of our children will really send us panicking. There are some of what I call LOSERS in this world, and it is such a shame that your son had to be subjected to them. Nerve of them. I am so happy for you that he is alright, we can replace anything, but we can not replace our children. I really believe in what comes around goes around, and they will get it someday. So glad he is alright. Hope things get better for you and your son. :hugs:

Annie0904
24-01-13, 17:45
Thank you Debbi, I am just so upset. Sorry if too much information but I tell you people more than I tell any one else...at least the bad news has cleared the constipation I have had all week!! The extra anxiety has made me the opposite!! :D I just feel for my poor boy. He has just phoned to say they have taken one of his cameras too.

panickyme
24-01-13, 17:58
So unfair, he did not deserve that at all, and you didn't need the extra stress. I wish those people had half a conscious and thought of how it would effect people afterwards. It doesn't just end with the heartache of losing your possessions, it leaves you with the feeling of uneasiness, and worry that they will come back, or that it will happen again. So sorry for this. Glad you got your system cleaned out though, lol. :hugs:

Annie0904
24-01-13, 18:02
I know, My parents are 83 and it has upset them too. i want him to move out of that city but he is contracted in the house rent until the end of June x

panickyme
24-01-13, 18:15
Ughhhhhh, alright we will look on the bright side here, just a couple of months, and we will get him out of there. Awww your poor parents, see it's makes so many upset. (those little shits) Annie try to hang in there, he will be okay. (easier for me to say, then for you to believe) I know. I will be thinking of you. :hugs:

Annie0904
24-01-13, 18:34
Thank you Debbi, your support means a lot x

Sparkle1984
24-01-13, 19:40
Sorry to hear this. I know it must be very stressful for you and your son. :weep:

It might be a good idea to look into backup solutions for your son's laptop. He could use one of those "cloud storage" websites like Dropbox or Amazon Cloud Drive. In this way, if his laptop is lost or stolen again he won't have to rewrite his book from scratch, as he'd be able to revert to the backup on the storage website. They can be password protected so no-one else can access the files.

Annie0904
24-01-13, 19:46
He has it on his external hard drive but unfortunately the last time they also took that! I think he does use one of the online ones as well but he said he has been backing it up at the end of each month so he has lost all this months work :( Which means no pay for him this month. I have told him he will have to start backing it up more often. Some of his friends are going over to see him tomorrow to cheer him up. It happened last night so he has just told me he had to sit up all night as the door was just fastened with string until the locks were repaired this morning. I am in such a state over it, can't eat and can't stop crying x

Tessar
24-01-13, 20:12
Wow, that is really awful. Some people are really horrible. I just don't know what goes through their mind, they certainly don't have a conscience do they? Where I work we do a backup every night without fail. Really if it's your livelihood, that is the best way. Anyway I'm sorry you had to endure such bad news coz u and your son certainly don't deserve it. :ohmy:

Annie0904
24-01-13, 20:15
Tessar I was already having not too good a week and this has just been the last straw for me. He is so lovely and does not deserve this. The worse thing is they are sure to get away with it :(

almamatters
24-01-13, 20:20
Annie I am thinking of you and your son. I hate things like this, if these people only knew the damage they do with their selfish, horrible behaviour. It makes me sick. I know you are having a rough time at the moment and I truly hope things start to get better soon for you. Sending you hugs :hugs:xxxx

Annie0904
24-01-13, 20:21
My kitten has sensed I am upset, so far he has brought me a glove, a toy mouse and his toy my little kitty and left them on my bed :)

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

Thank you Alma, it just seems to be one bad thing after another at the moment :( x

PanchoGoz
24-01-13, 21:16
Just caught up with this Annie, so sorry to hear this. Hugs to you and your son :hugs: I hope you get justice. Why do good people get all the crap in life? :(

Annie0904
24-01-13, 21:25
I know PanchoGoz, he has worked so hard since he left uni and building up his equipment for his work and twice now he has been broken into and had it all stolen. I really feel sad for him. I wish he could afford better accommodation but it is so expensive in cities. he wants to move to another place but is tied up in this contract until June :(

kittikat
24-01-13, 23:04
Aww, Annie I am so sorry to hear this, I am sure it was a terrible shock for your son and you too :hugs: It is disgusting that someones life can be shattered in this way.

I know you will be re-living what your son went through...we do feel their pain. I hope your son is able to cope with the mental trauma this must have caused him.

I feel very sad for you and it's the last thing you need right now.

Big hugs & lots of love :bighug1: Kitti xxx :flowers:

Daisy Sue
24-01-13, 23:10
Annie, i'm so sorry for you, your son and your family.. this a horrible sign of the times, and i don't think the little horrors who do these things have an ounce of conscience whatsover...

i hope everything calms down soon, and i hope Karma comes and bites the offenders in the bum - hard!!!

Annie0904
25-01-13, 08:58
Thank you kittikat and Daisy sue. I took a diazepam to help me sleep but have woke up really anxious and crying, the ringing is back in my ears again, I just feel like I took a few steps forward and have gone back to the beginning again. I hate this feeling so much.

Tufty
25-01-13, 09:08
It will pass Annie, it cannot last and you are certainly not back at the beginning, everyday with this is a day closer to full recovery - I believe there's only so many bad days a person can have before we get bored of feeling the panic.
Saying that I'm having a horrible day again too, I'm off to the docs in a minute if I can drag myself out of bed. I've got the shakes, nausea, waves of fear, diarrhoea - I wish I could take 20mg of Diazepam, pull the duvet over my head and wake up when it's all over :huh: We will get there, it's an unpleasant journey but the destination will be so much more appreciated when we finally arrive
Love and hugs
Take Care
Sam

Annie0904
25-01-13, 09:11
Sam I am sorry you are feeling the same. I was thinking about calling the doctor but I know all he can say is take a diaxepam. I am not out of bed yet andI just want to sleep but can't. Hugs for you Sam :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Tufty
25-01-13, 09:24
I'm still in bed and have a drs appointment at 9.50! Maybe if I go in looking like I've just got out of bed he'll get the gist of why I'm there and I won't have to say much. Is it still icy up with you?

Annie0904
25-01-13, 09:35
Very icy here today. My doctors are really good and if ever I phone and cry down the phone they send the doctor to visit me. If I can manage to get there they let me in the back door so that I don't have to go in the waiting room x

ynos
25-01-13, 10:03
sounds like you have a lovely doctors there annie. I'm sorry about yoru son, but he does manage to be ok, staying the night with just string on the door! he must be a strong person, i'd be anywhere else. I'm sure there will be better days ahead as you all come to terms with what has happened and get back some sense of normality. if you need more help to get yourself through phone your doctors back up & ask, you never know they may have some suggestions.
Hope you feel better soon
lots of hugs :bighug1::bighug1:

Annie0904
25-01-13, 10:05
I just spoke to my son on the phone and asked him to come home for the weekend. He is scared even to leave the house to post a letter and he said he is scared to be in the house too as it could get broken into again if he is in it or out. x

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

I am so worried for him :(

xdavex
25-01-13, 10:33
I'm really sorry to hear this, Annie :hugs:.
I really hope the scum who did this suffer themeslves in an equally cruel way.

Annie0904
25-01-13, 10:50
I'm really sorry to hear this, Annie :hugs:.
I really hope the scum who did this suffer themeslves in an equally cruel way.

It is the second time in 13 months, he moved from the first place to a new one and was happy about it, then this...he just can't feel safe in his home. I want him to move to another town but he has to stay there until June. I have asked him to ask the landlady if she has more property which is not ground floor.

Tessar
25-01-13, 13:11
Tessar I was already having not too good a week and this has just been the last straw for me. He is so lovely and does not deserve this. The worse thing is they are sure to get away with it :(
yeah that's always the really annoying bit. plus they dont have to "get over" anything whereas those they inflict it on are innocent parties but then have to deal with the fallout.

Annie0904
25-01-13, 20:12
yeah that's always the really annoying bit. plus they dont have to "get over" anything whereas those they inflict it on are innocent parties but then have to deal with the fallout.

I have ordered a security camera and some alarms that go off if the door is touched. He has a house alarm but now needs security when he is in the house! All the expense for us including my sons loss of earnings without his laptop. the thought of them just makes me feel so sick :(