View Full Version : Please if anyone is around!!!!

kaijo
24-01-13, 14:22
Hi all, I'm having major pa today and don't know why, I woke up in the middle of the night and my shoulders were really hurting me with like shooting pains going down both arms, my first thought was heart attack so then my chest started hurting too, I'm still here now so I need to think rationally (easier said than done) but my arms still hurt and I have been having pa all day. I don't know what to do :((

Elle-Kay
24-01-13, 14:30
Your fear of panicking will be feeding your panic, and the physical symptoms you're feeling. Your best bet is to try your hardest to relax into the panic feelings, not rebel against them. You know that they are panic which is a really good place to start, so you know that (unpleasant as they are) they can't really hurt you. If you stop trying to stop them, they will stop anyway as what you're doing by being on 'high alert' and wary of them is asking your body to create more adrenaline, and excess adrenaline is what causes the panic. Take a deep breath in, then let it out, relaxing each of your muscle groups so that you feel floppy. Remind yourself that you're safe, and not in danger. Each time a panic wave starts (they will, to start with) do the same. Give it time and the panic WILL pass.