PDA

View Full Version : HIV by common contact anxiety

Tastee
24-01-13, 20:51
I can't get it through my head that I can't get HIV from common contact.

Like today I let someone use my cigarette to light theirs, and they touched the filter where my mouth goes. I took a few more drags then stopped because I was to worried that they containminated it with possible blood on their hands.

Am I going to be okay? I feel so hopeless now.. That I'm now containminated and my life is now tainted from this once incindent

nomorepanic
24-01-13, 20:53
No you cannot get it like that. If you did most of the world would have it if you think about it!

Lissa101
24-01-13, 21:35
My friends mum is HIV + and has been for 25 years. She used to babysit me and I've even looked after her when she's been poorly. I know your fear is just caused by anxiety but you really can't catch it from common contact. I've been lucky enough to know two great people with this virus in my life so I would definitely have it if it was that contagious. Nothing to worry about there. Smoking on the other hand........ :) x

little kyle
25-01-13, 03:38
I had same fear a you and the fear is impossible to get with common contact you would have to drink a bucket of saliva or have sex at lest 10 times with a person who has HIV

In this day and age it is unlikely that anyone would get it

If you would like to message me that's cool

Anxious_gal
25-01-13, 04:26
I think you know your fear is irrational.
CBT could help I think.