PDA

View Full Version : can any one advise

mrs way to worried
24-01-13, 21:24
My doctor who I saw every week has recently retired he use to get so sick of my going in and in the end diagnosed me with fibro myalgia and put me on amitryptaline , when I went to visit my new doctor about my suspected mouth cancer she asked why I was on the medication I explained and she said she had read my files and there was nothing in there about fibro just notes that said came in today again suspected mouth cancer no reason for examination , now I'm scared that for 2 years he's been fobbing me off just cause I have health anxiety even though I've had all the symptoms of it I currently have a lump the size of a hazlenut and on the snin inside my mouth I keep getting white spots now I'm scared its to late because he ignored it I can't even look at my kids knowing I've got to leave them soon my baby boy is only 12 weeks and I can't handel it anymore I have no enjoyment in life cause what's the point any day they will diagnose me and it will be to late and the only good thing to come out of it is that my husband will be able to sue the nhs for ignoring me , what do I do I'm currently in the state of if I just end it now at least I'm incontrol and it drags out any pain of the kids watch me slowly die

cattia
24-01-13, 23:41
Ok take a deep breath.... No doctor in the world would actually suspect that you had mouth cancer and write it in your notes then deliberately choose not to do anything about it. It just wouldn't happen. The fact that he said there was no reason for examination suggests that he didn't believe you had mouth cancer, but that you suspected it and that's what he's written in your notes. What did the new doctor say about your mouth? Did they examine it for you? I totally know that awful fear of leaving your kids, I have experienced it many times and it's awful, but you are jumping to conclusions which is what anxiety does to you. I think you need to talk through your fears with your new doctor. If either of them believed there was any chance of mouth cancer they would be referring you, anxiety or no anxiety.

Anxious_gal
25-01-13, 04:38
It's a dentist you see for mouth cancer, then if they need to they send you to an oral surgeon.

mrs way to worried
25-01-13, 10:16
I don't have a dentist so I want the gp to refer me to oral surgon at the hospital

Jenwales
25-01-13, 10:31
Ok, stop and think.
You're children need you right now so killing yourself is not the answer.
Do you have mouth cancer? Have you had the relevant tests etc? If so and it's come back fine you don't have it.
If the doctor says you're fine then you're fine.
I know this isn't going to help your worries go away instantly. Just keep telling yourself everything will be ok.
Write a plan of action e.g. find out if you have cancer
right down your thoughts and then go back and try and see if any of them actually have any evidence to support that they're right.
for example, if you think you are going to die of cancer: what is the evidence? have you've been diganosed? even if you have is it treatable?

I know someone who's husband has cancer right now, very bad. Just think of all those people who have cancer, they're not ending their lives. They're making the most of every day. Even if you have cancer, surely it's better to stop worrying and live your life.
All the best

Daisy Sue
25-01-13, 10:33
it's typical that our anxiety fears take us straight to the very worse scenario, isn't it? like, you're not stressing that it might be oral thrush, or ulcers caused by a stomach acid issue... the fear takes us straight to cancer, or heart attack, brain tumour...

and i think that's a point we need to remember with health anxiety, there is far more likelihood of any real symptom being something innocent and easily treated, than there is it being something as bad as we imagine..

maybe you can consider the retirement of your old gp a positive thing - a fresh start with a new gp who, hopefully, you can achieve a good relationship with.... i'd make an appointment to see her, and have an open truthful chat.. see what she thinks about your mouth, and about the meds...