PDA

View Full Version : Need some reassurance. Muscle twitching.

ecila92
24-01-13, 21:31
Hi, I've been experiencing muscle twitching, dizziness, confusion and headaches. I know these are all related to anxiety but I haven't had a brain scan or anything, do you think its necessary? Or should I just ignore/accept it.

I'm really tense and stressed at the moment due to a number of things, could this be the case?

Thanks for listening

Stands mum
24-01-13, 22:27
Can't speak for all your symptoms, but I have also been experiencing muscle twitching with other neuro type symptoms. When I mentioned it to my neurologist he seemed quite disinterested, certainly not bothered about it.

Have you spoken to your doctor?

ecila92
24-01-13, 22:40
No, I know he'll just shake it off

RVP
24-01-13, 22:45
Now and again, the right side of my head near where my temple is just behind it, twitches as if it's bubbling from inside or popping sensation, used to be quite a bit when I was stressing about my head, but it's calmed down and only happens sometimes, same with my eye-lid, that started twitching (still does) but not as much on a daily basis.

skippy66
25-01-13, 00:03
I saw a neurologist about this and he diagnosed benign fascisculations. Made worse by me obsessing over them.

missfishlash
25-01-13, 00:44
Yeah, my neurologist just looked at me like I was a loon, Im trying to accept that its anxiety now, and Im having a better week,Ive had constant pins and needles for six months but now ive decided to accept my mind is creating and fostering the feelings they are SERIOUSLY improving, I promise.....I have had to persivere but its definately getting better especially when I really relax( thats not easy I know)
Try all sorts of relaxation methods that you can cos you sound really tense? Then notice how youfeel better and you will relax even more, I have tried hot baths with lavendar,neroli and frankinsence oil (aromatherapy)but radox is good too, diaphramatic breathing, etc
Im alsolooking intoyoga and hypno too, I know it sounds a bit hippy, but I have noticed how tense I am all the time, and now I am trying to REALLY relax Im seeing benefits
Hope you feel better soon :)

anxietyridden
25-01-13, 01:22
I get all those symptoms and more. Had a brain scan, all was fine. I would take the above advice and work on relaxation. If it doesn't help, you could always go and get the scan if you feel you need to for your own peace of mind.

ecila92
25-01-13, 01:22
Thanks, just didn't know whether to put it on the list of things I want to mention to my doctor. I am very tense and stressed at the moment so I'll put it down to that at the moment.

Anxious lu
25-01-13, 01:29
I get the twitches all over all the time.. They stop when I have a new symptom to fixate on however.. I often think it can't be anxiety I'm not anxious.. And then when they have stopped I look back and realise actually I was.

lb76696
25-01-13, 13:48
I've been twitching since the beginning of July, so for about 7 months now. I think it is ALS, but my GP and the Neurologist said to me they don't think it is ALS.

xxx

JustBenn
25-01-13, 14:01
My arm twitches when I am trying to sleep, and my whole body shakes me awake, this happen yesterday,

ricardo
25-01-13, 15:38
99% of the time,muscle twitching is yet another sign of anxiety that gives us yet another physical symptom to contend with. Just let it flow as eventually it always stops.

healthanxiety
15-08-13, 11:17
I can totally relate to everyone who panics about this. I have been gettin these twitches non stop randomly mainly in my legs for 3 weeks. Am a 21 yr old boy and this started when i had a pretty bad headache for a week i went to the doctors scared out of my wick i had a brain tumour she examined me n said she cant see any symptoms i even got my eyes tested to see if there was any pressure behind them everything looked fine yet i cudnt shake the thought of having a brain tumour so i started to feel nauseos everyday al day over it which is agen another symptom of a brain tumour, the constant worry and anxiety was consuming me and got even worse when i started to get random twitches mainly in my legs but all over aswell and now i fixated on ALS or MS. It got to the point where i was ringing my family crying fearing i was going to die, i went back to the doctors and he reccomended i have treatment for anxiety. When i am busy or occupied i feel fine and i dont feel twitches or nausea but i quickly check to see id they are still there and guess what they come back, if you are constanlty worrying about your health because of this then i advise you to get treatment for health anxiety because until you treat your anxiety your symptoms will never go away, i am pretty sure that my twitching is due to anxiety as it started while i was in a state of constabt worry i still have abilities to play football and run so i cant feel my muscles degrading, health anxiety can ruin your quality of life make sure you act so you can live worry free once again!

anxious_thoughts
15-08-13, 15:41
I get twitching as well, it has been happening for about 5 years now. I also get head aches/head pains but I've had those for over 10 years. I try not to think its a slow growing tumour but I can't help myself. I get other symptoms too but usually only come when I'm anxious.

I know deep down its all anxiety, and that's what yours probably is too.

MrAndy
15-08-13, 15:45
when I had my breakdown I had muscle twitching all over my body everyday for over 6 months.It was another symptom I learnt to ignore and has slowly faded away.