PDA

View Full Version : What's the best thing to do about this?

Orange Lightning
24-01-13, 21:48
I've got an Endoscopy coming up in the next few weeks;.when my GP gave me a check up, she confirmed that my ongoing tight throat, shortness of breath, chest/left arm pain and reflux are NOT symptoms of anxiety alone. At least we know I'm not in cardiac pain - more or less I'm still waiting for official answers - but I'm finding my remaining symptoms annoying and scary at the same time. Distraction does nothing, and my pain seems to strike at random times. The tight throat -especially when I turn my head - is constant.

Instead of fretting about dangerous hiatal hernias or asthma I'd like to.do something about these problems. How can I minimise these symptoms until the final tests are done. Just so you know I'm on Omeprazole and Paracatemol/Codeine tablets (3 days max since codeine is addictive) but both have little to no effect.

skippy66
25-01-13, 09:05
1. Change your diet
2. Find something better/more involving to distract you - do a skydive or something if nothing else distracts you from this.
3. Relax about it (hard I know)

Daisy Sue
25-01-13, 10:59
has the doctor ever suggested an antispasmodic of some kind, muscle relaxant? might be worth asking her if something like that might help.

good luck with your endoscopy... and i hope you get good results, and a positive course of action to alleviate the symptoms!