PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline issues

Louisa24
24-01-13, 23:44
Hello, I'm new to this forum and I would just like to ask some question s about sertraline! I was pescribed 50mg about the 8th December 2012, my anxiety got really bad so I went back to my doctor and be upped them to 100mg. At this time I was on my period, well anyway the month passed and I was feeling my old self again, the tablets really kicked in but up to now I haven't had a proper period, so last Friday I went back to my doctor and told him that I haven't had a period, he looked it up and told me that sertraline can cause irregular periods, so he decided to put me back to 50mg, on Tuesday I started my period, had all tr symptoms, sore breasts etc, but it's kept stopping and starting, and it's really light! Could this be the tablets affecting it and my period trying to start? I know I'm not pregnant cause I'm gay. I don't know if to quit sertraline and try something else or just ride it out! It's starting to make me feel anxious again! I don't know what to do :( I've always had regular periods so now I'm like :/
If anybody could let me know if they've been in the same boat. Should I just ride it out and see what happens?

---------- Post added at 23:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Anyone?

nomorepanic
24-01-13, 23:46
Hi

Whilst waiting for people to reply have a read of the other posts about this medication or use the search facility and you may find someone has already posted about it

Louisa24
25-01-13, 00:00
Thank you

nomorepanic
25-01-13, 00:02
Here you go.......

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=114659

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71334

Louisa24
25-01-13, 00:53
Thank you for that.

nomorepanic
25-01-13, 01:02
You are welcome

want2beoverthis
29-06-15, 20:43
I know this is an old thread but did you ever find out if sertraline was messing with your periods? I've been taking it since January and I've been getting lots of irregular bleeding for the past 3-4 months. My mind is all over the place with worry, hoping to see the dr on Thursday buy just wanted a bit of reassurance I suppose x