PDA

View Full Version : Hair dye mini success

Fizzy88
24-01-13, 23:19
Hi everyone!
I posted a while back about my hair dye phobia and how I was petrified about my hair dye appointment. I received some really helpful advice on here that I should maybe try highlights and lowlights with foils instead.
I told the hairdressers and they were so nice! I bought my husband in for support which they found quite amusing but I felt reassured someone in there could use my epi pen!
Anyway, I watched really carefully and she was very careful and the dye didn't touch my scalp at any point. Hence I didn't panic once! I left there really elated and I also chopped all my hair off whilst there so the cut was a bigger deal than the colour if that makes sense! Not that I can do that everytime obviously!
So I still merticulously check labels for my food allergies and I'm pretty pre occupied with worry every time I have to eat anything but I feel so much more positive now I've found a stress free solution to one of my many issues!
I hope this helps somebody because I wish I could have read this post earlier this year when I had a panic attack after dying my hair! Thanks everyone!

Granny Primark
25-01-13, 08:31
Well done!:D

ricardo
25-01-13, 08:45
I have never heard of a hair dye phobia, so one learns something everyday.
We all have our phobias and mine would be just sitting in the chair which would seem like an eternity, so my wife cuts mine every 2/3 months lol :)

Magic
25-01-13, 15:46
So glad you went on ok at the hairdressers:hugs:

ynos
25-01-13, 17:58
so glad it all worked out for you :D

Annie0904
25-01-13, 18:09
Well done :yahoo:

almamatters
25-01-13, 18:50
Glad it went well, and glad the highlights worked out. I had these done to try and get myself over my phobia. Next time though I am going to try the full head of dye. :hugs:

Fizzy88
25-01-13, 21:22
Thanks everyone!! Ooh let us know how you get on almamatters! That's brilliant that you're going to try!

almamatters
25-01-13, 21:51
Will do . It is scary to me, but it's something I need to do. I dyed my hair this way myself for years and years with no problems, it is purely a psychological thing with me I think. Take care and well done again. xx