PDA

View Full Version : From 10 to 20mg

Noddy
25-01-13, 02:22
G'day mates!

I started off on 10mg and after 7 weeks have not noticed much difference. I saw my doctor today and we agreed that it would be wise to go up to 20mg.

I am guessing that I will get some of the nausea again but it will all be worth it if it can settle the nerves a bit.

Tero
25-01-13, 03:06
I didn't notice new side effects, but the sleepyness sometimes seems more noticeable. Othe than that 10 and 20 were the same. I did not get a huge benefit going to 20, but I refuse 30.

Noddy
25-01-13, 07:10
I used to have a really good memory but now I find I cannot remember things I have done earlier this week! Hoping after 20mg I will remember where I live :)

cmc46
25-01-13, 09:27
I didn't notice too many side effects when I upped to 20 mg, I did go on 15mg for about 4 days and then up to 20, whether this made it easier I don't know, if I did have any side effects they were very slight and not as bad as when I started on 10 and they didn't last long. Good luck :)

Noddy
25-01-13, 22:45
i think going up gradually is a good idea, don't know how i will go cutting these tiny tablets in half though ;)

Sparkle1984
25-01-13, 23:21
i think going up gradually is a good idea, don't know how i will go cutting these tiny tablets in half though ;)

You should be able to buy a pill cutter from any pharmacy. I am currently tapering off and I've found that using a pill cutter is a much easier way of breaking the 10mg tablets in half.

Tero
26-01-13, 15:53
I've gone to taking the 20mg in halves. One at night, one before work. The drug peaks a few hours after you take it, in the blood stream. I suspect the brain levels are delayed from that.

Pill cutters are cheap. If you cut unevenly, take the two halves one after the other.

Noddy
26-01-13, 23:02
Are you sleeping ok having it at night?
Might look at getting one of these pill cutters.

Cheers

Noddy
30-01-13, 02:55
Went up to 15 for 3 days and now on 20mg. Feeling pretty good today, little bit of nausea but all good!

Noddy
02-02-13, 03:47
Day 4 on 20mg was very strange, felt like a zombie after having very vivid dreams. Today is a lot better. Must admit I have been a lot more chatty with people last couple of days.
Still get twitchy and do have these mini depressive states that last for 5-10 mins every evening, which is pretty odd for me as I have never suffered depression. But I suppose with all this extra serotonin in my brain.. what goes up must come down!