PDA

View Full Version : New worries...after doing well...

Kez_miller
25-01-13, 04:46
Hi guys not posted for a while as I seemed to get rid of my depersonalisation etc...however the last 3 weeks or so have been absolute hell on earth! For the past three weeks I've had constant temporal headache ache...and it literally has been an ache not as much a pain...it's almost like a numbing pain feeling like the side it is on that side of my face is numb or swollen however when u touch it its not numb at all....as I say that's been going on now every day almost , for about 3 weeks....since then I have had another lower level bout of depersonalisation so clearly the DP Is due to my anxiety....the temporal headaches are really scaring me though...they come on around the same time of the day usually early to mid evening and last about the same length of time usually 1-3 hours. Getting better with Paracetamol but not getting rid of....now yesterday I started having a dull constant pain in my right eye and that feeling of swollen/numb face but this time no headache....the numb feeling goes after an hour or two but the eye pain still stays....now I'm awake and the eye pain isn't there but my eye is very red and feels sore....feels like it keeps glazing over as well. Could the headaches over the last few weeks be a lead up too this eye problem that I assume is an infection(pink eye) or something similar. I keep going over brain tumors n everything over and over again in my mind. I really thought I had hold of my anxiety but really didnt clearly.

Just as a foot note I tried to go out for a drink for my mates birthday I had 4 bottles of Budweiser spent the little time I was out rubbing my face and tapping the table nd ended up in home feeling like I was about to die by 11:00pm sweating like mad when i got in even though I never ever sweat!

skippy66
25-01-13, 09:11
Your last paragraph - you've just described exactly what I was like when I went out for a few drinks during health anxiety. Once I had a dizzy spell in the pub and ran home early, crying. When I look back at this time in my life I think 'Oh my God, was I really that bad?'

Relax, this is highly unlikely to be anything sinister. Brain tumours don't present in this way, and at your age you've got more chance of being struck by lightning than having a brain tumour. I'm not a doctor, but sometimes I feel I have more medical knowledge than one.

Jenwales
25-01-13, 10:55
It's normal to have set backs, just keep going on with recovering and don't let this put you off. I think recovering is more changing your mind set and letting your body get back to normal
i have weeks where I'm fine then weeks where every single day is anxiety ridden and i feel terrible. Looking back I think if I worried less everything would've been so much easier.
http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/the_book.html