PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Parkinsons / Brain Tumor

Gogspurs
25-01-13, 08:47
Hi All,

Not having a very good time of it recently and I am again worried something is seriously wrong.

I have developed a left side tremor which is felt in the back of my head, left arm and generally left side of my body including my face and eye. I feel a pressure in my temples and have a fuzzy head. My tinnitus which I have had for 2 years has become worse and is now heard in my left ear where before I could not tell which ear it was in.

I woke up this morning with pins and needles in my pinky and ring finger on my left hand which has now gone but I can still feel like a burning feeling which made me panic.

I am only sleeping for about 4 hours and wake up suddenly at 5.30 every morning with a hard heart beat.

I am worried that I have symptoms of parkinsons disease or a brain tumour, can anyone give me some advice please, this is really affecting my day to day life and I am worried about my mental state.

Thank you - George

Justinf
25-01-13, 09:01
Brain tumour pain usually is worse in the morning, so my GP told me (yeah, I have been there too).
The symptoms you describe don't really fit well with Parkinsons.
i think youhave nothing to worry about. Seriously.

Gogspurs
25-01-13, 09:15
Thanks for the reassurance Justin. I do appreciate it and hope that these feelings go away soon! :weep:

I hope you are well!

Thanks again

Justinf
25-01-13, 09:23
Thanks for the reassurance Justin. I do appreciate it and hope that these feelings go away soon! :weep:

I hope you are well!

Thanks again
I think it will go away mate. You'll be fine.
Spurs fan with that name by any chance?

Gogspurs
25-01-13, 10:10
Yes and season ticket holder!.. maybe thats why I am feeling like this! :)

Justinf
25-01-13, 10:27
Yes and season ticket holder!.. maybe thats why I am feeling like this! :)
mate I am a passionate Spurs man. Even here in Australia, we love our EPL.
Seriously, don't worry. It all seems like a fairly normal thing. I get tremors and pins and needles all the time.

Eek
25-01-13, 10:40
you may have slept funny on the arm that had pins and needles in the fingers I do it all the time. Sometimes I have a completely dead arm.

Also when my anxiety was at it's worst a year and a half ago I had weakness down my left side, my face felt numb on that side and I felt all trembly on the left side also. Once my anxiety medication kicked in it went completely. So you can get those symptoms with anxiety.

Gogspurs
25-01-13, 15:36
Thanks Eek,

The tremor has been going on for about 2 weeks now and just really worrying and exhausting. It's not enough to be visable by anyone else but for example if I have a glass of water on my desk and I rest my arms on it you can see the water vibrating.

I can only feel it in the left side nothing on the right.. which is weird!