PDA

View Full Version : Missed medication... Or have I? Advice pls

sarahsarah
25-01-13, 09:14
According to my pill dispenser marked with the days of the week, I haven't yet taken today's BP tablet, yet I thought I had taken it when I first woke up.

One possibility is that I missed yesterday's dose and this morning I just took the first pill in the line, so to speak, without looking at the actual day written on the dispenser. Another possibility is that I haven't taken the pill today. Very early mornings all seem to merge into one after a while. I can't say 100 percent either way.

Obviously I dont want to take a double dose but nor do I want to miss a dose. this hasn't happened to me before and i am in a bit of a panic.

Any advice as to what I should do?

Annie0904
25-01-13, 09:17
Missing one day will not do any harm as it will still be in your system. I think it is better to miss a dose than take an extra dose. x

Justinf
25-01-13, 09:27
I have done this a few times.
Best to miss the dose than to take twice as much as needed.
That's what I have done.
I swear I have taken my daily meds but then thought 'hang on, I don't think I did'. I just took it again the next day rather than test my memory.

sarahsarah
25-01-13, 09:47
Thanks to both of you for the prompt answers and advice, it is much appreciated.

I will just carry on as normal from tomorrow and endeavour to make sure the confusion doesn't happen again.

kittikat
25-01-13, 13:07
I think that is a good idea...I have done this several times before and it does send you into a panic!! As others have said the meds are still in your system, so best to miss a dose rather than take a double dose. Kitti :)