PDA

View Full Version : Hypersensitivity to fruit juice??

Emphyrio
25-01-13, 12:40
Hello,

I've had a fairly good week so far...until yesterday. I'm 95% certain the main culprit was a 330ml bottle of orange juice which I drank in the early afternoon - I consumed the whole bottle on an empty stomach in one go.

I then felt hyper-excited, restless and agitated the rest of the day. Could it really just have been the sugar within the orange juice that did this? I've had similar reactions in the past, I think anyway, to fruit juice and fizzy drinks - though I think sometimes I have this reaction after consuming them, whereas other times I don't.

Just to tell you - I'm 29 years old, 5 ft 9, weigh just over 10 stone, and according to a fasting blood test 10 months ago, there was nothing odd with the results. Yet I'm worried that there's something which isn't being detected causing this...

Annie0904
25-01-13, 13:36
Orange juice and fizzy drinks are well known for causing hyper activity. In the school I work, fizzy drinks are banned during the school day because of the effect it has on the students. Some Orange juice also has E numbers that cause hyper activity.

Elle-Kay
25-01-13, 13:39
As Annie said, orange juices (especially those which are 'from concentrate') are well known for causing a 'high' because of the sugars in them. I know I've had hyper episodes after I've downed a bottle of orange juice in short order.