PDA

View Full Version : Deviated Uvula .

lb76696
25-01-13, 13:45
I think my Uvula has always been hanging slightly to the left but now I'm not sure. Is anyone else's hanging slightly to the left? I made a video of it but it says I am not allowed to post it until I have 10 posts.

xxx

---------- Post added at 13:32 ---------- Previous post was at 13:21 ----------

I'm so scared my Uvula hanging slightly to the left might be a Deviated Uvula and it will be Bulbar Onset. I've been twitching for 7 months mostly in my legs and I think it's ALS. I'm a 20 year old Female and my GP and the Neurologist said I don't have ALS, but now I have a sore throat when I Swallow/Yawn for 5 days but no cough, so I think it is Bulbar Onset.

xxx

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

Just to explain for those who don't know, the Uvula is that thing that hangs down at the back of your throat.

xxx

Stands mum
25-01-13, 22:15
I know how scary it is to think you have ALS - I also 'knew' I had it earlier this year, it was horrendous. I have had twitching for about the same period of time.

But, you don't have it. You GP and neuro have told you so.

Twitching without weakness is not a symptom of ALS, additionally, twitching and bulbar onset don't go together. You get either bulbar onset or the muscular/weakness type, but not both together.

ALSO I presume you know how unbelievably rare it would be for a 20 year old woman to have ALS?

Are you getting treatment for your anxiety?