PDA

View Full Version : anxiety related to work

robertina
15-06-04, 15:28
Hi. Im a 25 years old girl.
I write just to say about my anxiety before going to work.
I dread going there although its only asilly 2 hours a day cleaning job. I feel so scared ( of what anyway!! i dont get it), i feel i dont wanna see anyone there ( although nobody has been eevr bad to me,.....many of em ignore me i feel).
But like now....i smoked so many joints to self medicate this feeling...to relax..but it just wont go away...every day..i cant stand it no more. Im so scared...
ive never been in therapy or seen a doc for this, and i dont wanna.
Anybody relates or have any advice.
Thank u, R.

Meg
15-06-04, 16:54
Hi R,

Welcome to the site . Do feel free to post a bit about yourself under introductions

When did this anxiety start and what started it off ?
What sort of place do you clean ?

I'm sure you know joints are not the answer. In many cases they can spark off anxiety and panic as they are mood altering substances themselves.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

seh1980
15-06-04, 18:35
Hi there Robertina,

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time at work. Is there a reason that you don't want to go see a doctor about your anxiety? It's very hard to deal with it on your own. You don't necessarily have to go on anti-depressents but just talking to someone can really help. I see a therapist and she has really helped me. It's not good to keep your problems to yourself as more often than not they build up and they become harder to deal with.
The thing you need to remember with cannabis is that it accentuautes your mood. So, if you feel anxious, it is probably going to make you feel even moreso. I smoked for many years and gave up when my panic attacks started as I don't think the two things mix very well.
Take care and let us know what you decide to do.

Sarah (seh1980)

robertina
16-06-04, 12:49
Hi.....Im really sorry i havent introduced myself yet but i will very soon i promise....as soon as i feel i have something to say....actually today im feeling confused....and lonely. So lonely. And empty inside myself...
Thank u so much for ur answeres....

Im tryng not to smoke before work today...i clean in a school...
Im gonna see if i feel less scared....at the moment i dont feel scared..but i feel depressed and as i told u, i feel very lonely. Im living in this foreign country for 2 years now and apart from my boyf i dont have friends..i dont know why....maybe im shy..insicure...
i studied till the age of 18 plus i have qualifications in Pc...i speak another languege and all...and yet as a job i clean....i think i dont belive in myself a bit...i feel so small ..like if other people all looked at me from a height know what i mean...
i dont go to a doc couse....well first of all couse i havent got the money..and also couse ive be raised beliving i just cant have a problem and its just a moody personality that ive got....even though i used to cut when i was like 14 and i was very suicidal....my parents never brought me to a doc...now i dont wanna blame em for this..they just didnt know how to handle the whole thing....now i dont know if i have an eating disorder or what...but im always there obsessing about not eating, and if i eat like a normal person does, then i feel a failure....today i decided to dont eat at all....hoping to feel better....to feel less small....i dont know.
Ive always been a ****ed up person, an addicted personality and bit moody...and i always feel this emptiness within myself that cant be filled....
i dotn know....sorry i was so long....ill try to write an introduction about myself as soon as possible....
thank u so much for listening and i hope ill make some friend here..
love, R.

grace
16-06-04, 13:48
hi robertina
im so sorry you are so unhappy
well done for not smoking today, sarah is right it does accentuate your mood.
i understand your dissapointment at working as a cleaner when you have studied, my husband did the same he has a ba with honours and still couldnt get a job, he is turkish but many british are in the same situation, its not because you are any less of a person, just that there aren't enough jobs to go round.
are you in the uk ? if you are you dont need money to go to see the doctor.
is there anyone else from your country where you are living who you could talk to?
there are lots of people on here who will help you so keep coming on, you will make lots of friends

xxx grace

Meg
16-06-04, 14:32
Hi Robertina

Where are you living now ? which language do you speak ?

Not eating does not help anxiety at all as it messes up your sugar levels completely so if you're going to control your eating then ensure it includes small amounts regularly in order to keep that stable or you will feel much worse.

Some of the issues you mention seem to radiate out from a low self esteem which you manage by exerting excessive self control on your body and self .

You are clearly an intelligent lady who has huge capabilities but fear and self beliefs stop you reaching out for it .

However you've been raised is now behind you and you can choose to change some of the beliefs that are not helping you right now. It is not an easy path but just making slow small changes can have a profound effect on you .

You would benefit from talking this all through with a professional.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

rackel
22-06-04, 11:48
hi Robertina my name is Rachel im 23. I cant work because of my anxiety so i think Well done for going to work. Anxiety steals confidence and self worth, so all the feelings you have are probably down to anxiety. If you do seek help I really believe that working on the problems that has caused this will in turn improve your self work. Dont beat yourself up you are not a faliure it is very hard to face the things that cause anxiety and you do it every day! That in itself is a huge achievement, imagine what you could achieve once you have beaten the anxiety. You have a lot to talk through and seeing a counceller will help this.

RACHEL X