PDA

View Full Version : Being jolted awake when just about falling asleep

Heley
25-01-13, 15:15
I'm not sure if this is panic waking me up because I'm apprehensive about going to bed, whether I'm imagining it, or whether it's something to be concerned about!

Does anyone have any similar symptoms? There's no pain as such, just a wave almost over my body before I'm jolted awake.

Thanks,

Heley

lashes
25-01-13, 15:24
hey yeh ive had this recently it seems to go off when im less anxious i think with me anyway its like your on sort of high alert i dont think its anything to worry about :)x

ricardo
25-01-13, 15:32
heley

what you describe is listed ion the symptoms page and causes. I have experienced this many times.Nothing to worry about.

as dave says, one can get a jolt and a pop like feeling as well

xdavex
25-01-13, 15:35
This occasionally happens to me, its quite strange what happens to me & I've often wondered, as I'll just be in the start of sleep mode & suddenly I'll here a 'POP / BANG' sound in my head & simultaneus with this with my eyes closed (or my 'minds eye') I'll experience something like a camera flash.
Sometimes they'll be accompanied by involuntary fast reflex muscle twitches.
It only happens occasionally so I dont give it much thought tbh.

Heley
25-01-13, 15:48
Ah, phew! I did a little test where I kept my eyes open and timed it, then closed my eyes and timed it, and when my eyes were closed were when the jolt was happening. Probably just the anxiety of sleeping then? :)