PDA

View Full Version : Always panicking about love....

HunniBee
25-01-13, 15:51
Hi all,

I'm trying to get to the bottom of why I panic so much & get so much anxiety when someone is interested in me!

I do really like the person I'm with but it's early days yet, but I get this horrible panicky/anxiousness whenever I get involved with someone :(
I don't know why it comes on & sometimes it goes away but only briefly & I'm left feeling absolutely crappy again. It's like my body wants me to run away from anyone ever loving me or me being in a stable relationship with a good guy.
I have run away from every single relationship I've ever had whether it be good or bad, the bad ones are harder to run from for some reason!

My relationships used to last years then turned into months now its a matter of weeks....it's becoming so upsetting & I just want a normal relationship. Can anyone help?!

HB x

Mackayfire
30-01-13, 08:33
I have the exact same problem! As soon as someone is interested in me I get this sick dread feeling in the pit of my stomach regardless of whether I like them back or not (especially if I do). I think it's just the fear of being hurt or hurting them because with my anxieties I'm not an easy girlfriend by any means.

Also it's just fear of the unknown. As a panic attack sufferer I'm a bit of a control freak. I like predictability and knowing I have certain things on me etc to minimize the risk of them. Being with another person means giving up a lot of control (at least to me it feels like). For example, an unexpected fight would give me a panic attack or them rejecting some part of me etc. It's a general part of life but at the moment it's too much on top of everything else.

I hope you learn to push through your fear and have a fulfilling relationship. I think it will be awhile for me but I'm happy enough on my own right now.