PDA

View Full Version : Paranoid of UTI or kidney infection?

clank
25-01-13, 18:36
So recently I been super paranoid that I have a uti or a kidney infection. About two days ago when I went pee It burned like hell, and i had a sharp pain a little above my pubic area to the left. After that I haven't had the pain peeing or the sharp pains.

I have been having lower back pain a little here and there but i'm probably imagining it. I read up on UTI's and kidney infections (silly me) and I heard you can possibly have a low fever. Well this morning i woke up with head ache, and my eyes burn a little bit, not to bad though.

I drink a lot of water so my kidneys should be in fine, I haven't had pain peeing, but i still feel like there is a dull pain type thing in my lower left abdominal area.

I don't know what to think or do, what are your opinions?

shellyruby40
26-01-13, 00:57
So recently I been super paranoid that I have a uti or a kidney infection. About two days ago when I went pee It burned like hell, and i had a sharp pain a little above my pubic area to the left. After that I haven't had the pain peeing or the sharp pains.

I have been having lower back pain a little here and there but i'm probably imagining it. I read up on UTI's and kidney infections (silly me) and I heard you can possibly have a low fever. Well this morning i woke up with head ache, and my eyes burn a little bit, not to bad though.

I drink a lot of water so my kidneys should be in fine, I haven't had pain peeing, but i still feel like there is a dull pain type thing in my lower left abdominal area.

I don't know what to think or do, what are your opinions?
i had a horrible kidney infection about 20 years ago and ended up in hospital for a week as id let it go so far..it was agonising...weeing fire and constantly going..really high temp my teeth were chattering,i was vomiting ,it literally felt that my back was breaking..i d had a uti for a good few weeks before it went to my kidneys but id never had one before and didnt even realise what it was[pre health anxiety]couldnt get a drs appointment and went to late..lower left abdo pain..could be ovulation pain..i get that every month 2 weeks after period..also so many other things can cause slight burning..even thrush..have you any backache..for me backache is my 1st sign plus constantly in the loo and hardly anything comes out..if you see the dr they can test your wee for any sign of protein that might indicate a urine infection..if youve no temperature or burning now you should be absolutly fine.but if your concerned get drs to test it and it should show if theres any infection.but hopefully if your feeling ok now you ll be fine xx

PinkRoxy
26-01-13, 10:59
I've only had bladder infections and so many of them and no kidney infections.
The best thing you can do is go down to your doctors practice and give a urine sample and it will probably show up some stuff and they will give you some antibiotics for it.

But it usually happens to me too it just lingers there but doesn't seem as bad as when it started. It could be a bit of cystitis without an infection too which is just inflammation which could be caused by some drinks you might have had.

But I don't think you should worry instead go and do something about it and get it tested the sooner you get the antibiotics the better anyway. I had them a lot as a child and I still get them so I know what you are talking about. I have back pain for many different reasons but I regularly get my urine checked anyway.

To me it just sounds like you have inflammation or a small infection.

---------- Post added at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 23:56 ----------

THe fact that you have drank a lot of water may have flushed out the infection but I will still get your urine checked anyway especially to know for sure it has gone completely. SO many times I thought it had gone but still showed stuff in my urine.

clank
28-01-13, 00:52
Thanks for the information :) I do have a bit of abdominal pain that comes and goes, along with a little lower back pain. Its not there constantly. It doesn't burn when I pee either, neither do I constantly have to pee, only when I drink a lot of fluids but thats whats suppose to happen when you drink alot. May i ask if your abdominal pain and back pain was constant?

clank
28-01-13, 01:11
I actually went the docors over this, first time at docs since i was a kid. I was convinced it was my kidneys, i even bid on a urine test on ebay lol. Turned out to be back muscle. I had changed my mattess to memory foam and it messed my back up so bad. Replaced for form mattress and been fine since.

Wow i have memory foam too. I lift weights also, could be a muscle pain possibly?

PinkRoxy
28-01-13, 09:33
If it does not hurt or feel sore around in your bladder at al anymore. Such as burning or inflammation, not even slightly and you are confident then you should be alright.

But I personally don't think that abdominal pain can be a sign of a UTI well it can be but for me its usually plain obvious as pain during weeing and inflammation is a key.

Sorry this is tmi but if you feel a slight burn down below I usually test it by sticking the finger in the vagina (not right in) and pressing the finger in the fron part if you feel the pain and inflammation then yes you should go to the doctor for a urine test. Or even press your fingers over the pubic bone just above it where the bladder is (this is best on an empty bladder) if you feel some sort of pain and it feels like its full like you need to go then that also can be a sign.

In my opinion I would just go and get it checked anyway if you don't have the money then just put it on your account as I think getting it checked is better than taking a chance. Don't feel like you wasted your money if its not an infection as at least you went to go and get it checked and then you will know.

Take care

shellyruby40
28-01-13, 18:29
Thanks for the information :) I do have a bit of abdominal pain that comes and goes, along with a little lower back pain. Its not there constantly. It doesn't burn when I pee either, neither do I constantly have to pee, only when I drink a lot of fluids but thats whats suppose to happen when you drink alot. May i ask if your abdominal pain and back pain was constant?

Clank my back pain was constant..it didnt let up.morning ,noon or night..
abdomen pain came when the infection got worse but the time this happened i was really ill,raging temperature and vomiting and by this time i wanted to wee constantly ,every 5 minutes but nothing would come out only a drop.

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

If it does not hurt or feel sore around in your bladder at al anymore. Such as burning or inflammation, not even slightly and you are confident then you should be alright.

But I personally don't think that abdominal pain can be a sign of a UTI well it can be but for me its usually plain obvious as pain during weeing and inflammation is a key.

Sorry this is tmi but if you feel a slight burn down below I usually test it by sticking the finger in the vagina (not right in) and pressing the finger in the fron part if you feel the pain and inflammation then yes you should go to the doctor for a urine test. Or even press your fingers over the pubic bone just above it where the bladder is (this is best on an empty bladder) if you feel some sort of pain and it feels like its full like you need to go then that also can be a sign.

In my opinion I would just go and get it checked anyway if you don't have the money then just put it on your account as I think getting it checked is better than taking a chance. Don't feel like you wasted your money if its not an infection as at least you went to go and get it checked and then you will know.

Take care
lol Pinkyroxy,ive had to do that before to feel for inflammation.

PinkRoxy
28-01-13, 21:04
lol yeah I know I get a lot of inflammation coming from my bladder. I don't actually know why but I did have a lot of infections last year. But now it seems to come if I drink certain drinks lol.

clank
28-01-13, 21:43
I am a guy so I can't really attempt your method lol :) but I don't have much abdominal pain, not much back pain, usually on and off and doesn't last long. Nor do i have to pee every 5 minutes and more than a drop comes out so I'm guessing I don't have a kidney infection, or a UTI. I just don't understand what happened that one time where when I went pee it burned like hell and I had that super sharp pain upper left pubic area. Never had it again though. Kind of weird don't you think or is it just me?